Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For Elemental Damage

StRaToX

So since there are clearly more elemental combos then factions wouldn't it make sense to make elemental damage do good against different enemies not factions. For example why have gas do the best against infested and corrosive against grineer and magnetic against corpus since that will clearly make everyone use those combos all the time making blast, radiation and viral useless. Since there are six elemental combos why not make certain combos do good against certain enemies since there are clearly allot of enemy types per faction. This will make people rely on others and make good squads and team work more important since one guy is obviously gonna make a build for lightly armored targets and the other one for heavy units while the third can make a build that those the most shield damage and so on. For example make elemental mods give guns more damage and deal procs to certain factions exposed to that kind of damage which will act as a boost but make elemental combos do good against certain enemies in a whole. For an example i'm playing in a full squad and i'm gonna use corrosive damage and do good for taking out light meele enemies (scorpion, flameblade, powerist, trooper),the second guy is gonna use gas and do good against medium infantry(lancer, elite lancer, ballista,commander), thethird guy is gonna use viral and do good against medium special weapon guys while the fourth can use blast for an example and do good against heavy units(heavy gunners, napalm, bombard) and this way if someone wants to do solo and take multiple roles he will have to use more then one combo and that will use up more mod slots so this really puts teamwork in the fist place and that is what warframe is all about its a 4 player coop game, you cooperate with one another. This goes on for other factions as well but i'm just too lazy to write it all down.