The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

S-Alad V: Warframe Food For Thought

Chef_Lu_Bu

So I made a food dish themed around Alad-V with some input from Rebecca and I thought I'd show it to you all. Apologies if this is the wrong forum in advance. I like making videogame themed food. It isn't designed to look like Alad's face because that ain't appetizing, however when I wrapped them up they did resemble grineer belt pouches, to me at least. This is an easy dish so you guys could make it at home if you'd like. Show off to other Warframe players, parents,  or your significant other, etc etc.

S-Alad V Wraps

aka a 5-item Lotus wrap, with Grilledneer Chicken, Corpus Carrots, tomato, honey glazed walnuts, onions and top that dude off with an Orokin soy chili sauce. 

QJDdVQt.jpg

Step 1 is to buy some hearts of romaine. These are your long goofy looking lettuces you can get like 3 hearts for 4 bucks at most grocers. That's a lot of lettuce for one person in case anyone is wondering. Pull some sturdy leaves of romaine off that heart and lay them on the counter. Cut them in roughly half from the stem(whitish base part) so that they're approx. the size of a bread slice. This is your bread. Carbs can F*** right off. Romaine is nice cause it doesn't wilt from heat which is important when you fill it with:

Grilled chicken. Or any cooked chicken. As long as it's poultry I think you won't run a fowl. How you grill the chicken is up to you but I recommend only using some olive oil, pepper, and salt and cut it up so you're certain there are no raw bits. You can baste or marinate it but I didn't cause of the soy chili sauce.

Then you're gonna top that delicious bird with some diced tomatoes, julienned carrots and onions(you can caramelize these if you're feeling frisky) and honey maple glazed mother cluckin roasted walnuts. You can roast the walnuts in a hot skillet with just adding some honey, maple syrup, walneezies and a pinch of salt. Something like:

2 Cups Walnut Halves

1/3 cup maple syrup

1/8 teaspoon salt

Honey to flavor. You don't need much honey, just a little on top.

Simmer on med-high for like 3-4 minutes at the most then pull them, set them on something to dry/settle, crack apart and put on er'e thang.

The sauce is really easy cause for all intents and purposes you can buy the two components at the store.

1/3 parts soy sauce

2/3 parts franks sweet chili sauce

mix in a reasonable sized bowl, top your lettuce wrap to your sauce-loving desire, shove into your face to show S-Alad V you ain't taking any of his or Zanukarugala's S#&$.

I hope you guys enjoy this, we're serving it at my restaurant in Atlanta on Friday so if you're nearby, come check us out. Battle & Brew. :3 Also, I love Saryn and am workin on a Pan-Saryn'ed portabello melt. Feel free to suggest stuff if you have ideas.