Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Damage Deserves No Look At Playing.

Redscyte

Anyone thinking shields should be brought into play. Im not talking swords and boards right off the bat but when i think shields im thinking about the movie Elysium and Kruger pulling that energy shield to block various projectiles. I think shields in this game with the same look and feel could really give squad mobile cover when getting in and out of cover. I guess my vision would single press to use a basic shield, charge for a knock back (possibly down) and guard to force your energy into a over shield that limit you full mobility but can block out most damage based on the type of weapon being fired. This opens a window for 3 types of shields, ie Grineer, Corpes, infested based, but can be expanded on down the road. The mods like parry or reflect can fall into the shields personal own mod section. They wouldn't be hard hitting, but that's not there point its the utility. I know some are saying why.

-Because certain abilities require stationary target. First one that comes to my mind is Oberon's new Hallowed Ground, Id love to plant that then wall up. 

-It would eliminate the MUST HAVE Frost from high level defense mission where Grineer/Corpes would eat you alive. 

-MAYBE down the road bind them with various 1 handed weapons so that high level melee can be less frustrating, idk about you but i love the melee just aggravates me that by the time i can kill someone over my level I have taken 3-4 hits from another enemy. 

SO yea this just my vision at where this game can go, Im not the best at the number crunching game nor the best shot so I love when Dev's can incorporate utility so I can feel like im supporting the guys that can "get 'er done."

Sry for spelling/grammer

Edited by Redscyte