The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mouse smoothing

Soulsmoke

Hi

Just wondering if there is any way to turn it off? I hate mouse smoothing and turn it off in any game I play, it drives me nuts not having the mouse respond as it should do.

If not, then I would suggest it to be added as an option.

Thanks

There is severe mouse lag with Vsync enabled on my system, if that's what your'e talking about. Turn it off and the mouse responds normally; doesn't appear to be any smoothing at all, though I could be wrong.

Regardless, could do with an FPS cap option so we can avoid having to deal with insane mouse lag with vsync on. I can workaround it in my NVIDIA drivers (or third party programs like Dxtory for example), but it would be great to have a proper option for it.

Hi

Just wondering if there is any way to turn it off? I hate mouse smoothing and turn it off in any game I play, it drives me nuts not having the mouse respond as it should do.

If not, then I would suggest it to be added as an option.

Thanks

Make sure VSync is off, make sure you have over 60 FPS. If you do not meet these criterias you will get mouse smoothing in every game including this one. If you hate mouse smoothing as much as I do, force off VSync in the driver so you'll bypass VSync on games that try to force it too and never have to worry about that.

I haven't played this game a lot so I'm not sure if this is an Unreal Engine game, but if it is you can go and turn off mouse smoothing manually even if it's not in the menu by opening the input.ini file and finding a sentence called "bSmooth... = true/false" or something similar. I can check later if it's there. But if it is, change true to false.

They use a proprietary engine called Evolution.

Ah, nvm then, but the vsync and 60 fps thing still applies. I don't think there is mouse smoothing in this game, I didn't feel anything and I am usually very receptive to these kind of things. So I reckon it has to be one of those two then.

Make sure VSync is off, make sure you have over 60 FPS. If you do not meet these criterias you will get mouse smoothing in every game including this one. If you hate mouse smoothing as much as I do, force off VSync in the driver so you'll bypass VSync on games that try to force it too and never have to worry about that.

I haven't played this game a lot so I'm not sure if this is an Unreal Engine game, but if it is you can go and turn off mouse smoothing manually even if it's not in the menu by opening the input.ini file and finding a sentence called "bSmooth... = true/false" or something similar. I can check later if it's there. But if it is, change true to false.

Yeey my first post!

Anyhow, that is not essentialy true, unless all your games are games based on the Unreal Engine 3, which has a horrible mouse implentation due to it being consolized.

However those are relatively easy to fix, and I was able to fix it in many games, be it Mass effect Series, APB, UT3 etc.

Therefore, if mouse smoothing or a changing sensitivity really happens with this game, then Im fairly sure that this engine uses the same parameters as the UE3 does.