Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Mods/ Physics Dmg Mods Up?

AlphaWerewolf

If you compare any two mods between primary and secondary weapons, most secondary weapon mods are 50-100% more effective. I kind of figured by the fact that primary weapons are your PRIMARY WEAPONS they should be better than your SECONDARY WEAPONS that I assumed should be SECONDARY. In the end, I'm seeing my secondary weapons becoming more powerful than my primary weapons, even though I've put in twice as many fusion upgrades into my primaries.

Additionally, puncture/slash/impact all suck. DE made it to where the pathetic 30% or 60%(secondary version - told you, they're way better) physical damage mods scale off of that kind of damage.

So rifles can expend a whole 9 mod points on a 30% boost to their already low number. This gives you at best 100 damage, and at worst....like 5. Just throw in a random element mod and get 20 x the value out of it. 

The only exception to this rule is accelerated blast for shotguns, which actually does scale its 60% puncture damage off of base damage...this is the way it should be. It gives as much damage as an elemental mod...only it gives damage in the assigned area of puncture damage. Thus it becomes just as good as an elemental mod...so I don't see why this isn't already implemented.