Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Challenge For Us All !

White_Reaper95

Why is that cause he murders people for personal revenge? Or in the best of cases in the name of a dead possibly (likely) oppressive culture? I'm not being sarcastic I see a lot of "stalker is the hero" stuff but no one ever really explains the perspective.

His commons are his justification if you listen. As for 'oppressive culture' the Tenno were the heros of this possible 'oppressive culture' and murdered those who loved them the most, what does that speak of them? The Stalker comments often about justice for the Tenno's crimes and that he remembers them. The stalker is a judge and executioner, not a innocent and naive hero against a villain.

Plot Twist!

(Yes, if you follow the plot, the anti-Tenno would be the good guys, as the Lotus is evil. She sends Tenno out on murder assignments against those who would oppose her, order the deaths of countless to halt the healing of their race, sends Tenno on assignments to gain favor with other groups which we have never met [the council], often assigns kidnappings for interrogations. Also with the Lore offered form the stalker, the Tenno murdered the very ones who sang praises to them and who saw them as loyal warriors to their kingdoms. To kill those who trusted them most, how are the Tenno not the Evil ones?)

The Tenno fight to protect the last humans in the galaxy against those who would exploit them dry (the corpus), enslave them (grineer), or assimilate them (the infested). Assuming the lotus is evil is a stretch (she may be but the game doesn't provide enough to draw any conclusions). War is terrible and terrible things happen in them, that doesn't mean that the side doing them is inherently evil. I point you to WWII it's not like the allies shot rainbows that turned axis soldiers into dancing pixies. That being said there is evidence to support notions that the orokin were at least as calloused and oppressive as the grineer. I don't see why we should automatically assume that they were some great heroes or that a self deluded lunatic who worships them is one either.

His commons are his justification if you listen. As for 'oppressive culture' the Tenno were the heros of this possible 'oppressive culture' and murdered those who loved them the most, what does that speak of them? The Stalker comments often about justice for the Tenno's crimes and that he remembers them. The stalker is a judge and executioner, not a innocent and naive hero against a villain.[/]

It comes down to a matter of perspective I suppose. The stalker is judge and executioner by his own words, but how many villains have fiction and the real world given us that were completely convinced they were the good guys? I come down on the side of the people in the galaxy who would be most similar to myself as such the Tenno are heroes and the other factions are evil. I will say that one of the only things we know about the orokin is that they were capable of surgically removing free will leaving sentient creatures as little more than automatons. It is entirely possible that the Tenno had no choice in their service to the empire. They were beloved for their extermination of the sentient but i see no reason to assume they were trusted.

The Tenno fight to protect the last humans in the galaxy against those who would exploit them dry (the corpus), enslave them (grineer), or assimilate them (the infested). Assuming the lotus is evil is a stretch (she may be but the game doesn't provide enough to draw any conclusions). War is terrible and terrible things happen in them, that doesn't mean that the side doing them is inherently evil. I point you to WWII it's not like the allies shot rainbows that turned axis soldiers into dancing pixies. That being said there is evidence to support notions that the orokin were at least as calloused and oppressive as the grineer. I don't see why we should automatically assume that they were some great heroes or that a self deluded lunatic who worships them is one either.

Do the tenno truly fight for them? When are these humans mentioned? Often the missions are to gain favor with the council or the demise of those who oppose or endanger the Tenno. Tenno are also only loyal to each other, not other factions. You make reference to WWII, did you forget the Allies partnered with Stalin, a force more evil than their enemy, Hitler? That is in this realm so lets set that aside for now.

The Orokin don't need to be assumed they were kind or even nice as a ruling body, though we know this.. The Tenno fought their wars and won them. The whole culture saw them as their heros, their saviors, and the Tenno are the ones who murdered those who welcomed them with open arms and praises. So for all the evils that the Orokin are, the Tenno was not just Orokin as well, but the most blood drenched of them.

Do the tenno truly fight for them? When are these humans mentioned? Often the missions are to gain favor with the council or the demise of those who oppose or endanger the Tenno. Tenno are also only loyal to each other, not other factions. You make reference to WWII, did you forget the Allies partnered with Stalin, a force more evil than their enemy, Hitler? That is in this realm so lets set that aside for now.

The Orokin don't need to be assumed they were kind or even nice as a ruling body, though we know this.. The Tenno fought their wars and won them. The whole culture saw them as their heros, their saviors, and the Tenno are the ones who murdered those who welcomed them with open arms and praises. So for all the evils that the Orokin are, the Tenno was not just Orokin as well, but the most blood drenched of them.

The info about humans came from a live stream. The question was asked if there were regular humans in the galaxy who weren't corpus or grineer the devs said "of course there are who do you think you are fighting to protect". This was total shift for me, up until that point I thought the Tenno were villians too. How do we know the orokin were benevolent? I'm not even sure the orokin were human. I picture them as an outside force that "elevated" humans which in sci-fi typically amounts to slavery with a shinier name. Could be wrong though.

The info about humans came from a live stream. The question was asked if there were regular humans in the galaxy who weren't corpus or grineer the devs said "of course there are who do you think you are fighting to protect". This was total shift for me, up until that point I thought the Tenno were villians too. How do we know the orokin were benevolent? I'm not even sure the orokin were human. I picture them as an outside force that "elevated" humans which in sci-fi typically amounts to slavery with a shinier name. Could be wrong though.

If that is true, they really need to work that in somewhere. Not once while playing did I have the feeling that the Tenno's actions were to protect some thing non Tenno. Heck, if that is true, how does that conflict against the meaning that the Tenno are only loyal to each other? Do they protect these innocents only during convenience and would turn on them if it truly risked the Tenno as a whole, or has the Tenno loyalties changed?

If that is true, they really need to work that in somewhere. Not once while playing did I have the feeling that the Tenno's actions were to protect some thing non Tenno. Heck, if that is true, how does that conflict against the meaning that the Tenno are only loyal to each other? Do they protect these innocents only during convenience and would turn on them if it truly risked the Tenno as a whole, or has the Tenno loyalties changed?

These are good questions. Where is the Tenno only loyal to the Tenno thing from? I agree they should work the humans thing in, when the guy answered the question he seemed surprised it was even a question in that "duh" sort of way. Though there's probably a fair few things they should work in. I'm interested in your last question. It's implied that the Tenno are risking their lives in their operations. In my opinion I would say that would not be the actions of those acting out of convience. The other side of that coin is that the Tenno as an organization may throw away lives on an issue of convience and Tenno loyalty would outweigh personal saftey even for an ignoble purpose. I just don't see it being that way due to the relatively small faction size and the lengths we go to to protect our sleeping brethren. The question then arises; if a group you are protecting turns on you to the point of risking your existence would ceasing protective actions really be an indicator of a lack of sincerity. In my mind it would be self preservation against an enemy that used to be a friend but doesn't mean the original intent of protection was false or because it was convienent at the time.

The whole thing gets a little stickier cause we take orders from the lotus. Because of what the devs say I do make the rather large assumption that lotus is giving us orders to the ends of directly protecting or keeping the two warring factions in constant conflict and balanced so neither can win. That way they are too busy fighting each other to really focus their attentions on those we want to keep them away from. At worst I think we are being mislead, really who knows what lotus wants.

In the end I make as many assumptions as the other side does, but I do so love these conversations and would be almost as excited to be proven wrong as I would be to be proven right. Odds are though it's somewhere in the middle.