Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Flux Rifle Not An Elemental Weapon Like Synapse?

Garuger

The Flux Rifle used to deal a version of slashing damage, so it kept it's "cutting laser" feel and is used to burn away infested. The reason the Spectra has a different damage type is to give them different roles so that one isn't made objectively better than the other. These were good decisions from DE and the Flux is far from useless.

As for why the Dera and Supra deal puncture instead of slashing, it's really simple, small bolts pierce armour more effectively and a continuous beam damages tissue more effectively. Unless you want to start arguing that the beam would pierce armour AND deal tissue damage better, in which case I'm going to refer you to the second post in the thread.

Also, I feel I have to say this, weapons being given a specific role instead of being good at everything is a good thing.

I dont want op weapons i want weapons that make sense.

That make sense? the flux rifle makes perfect sense. You stated the flux rifle was a plasma cutter, that's not true. No where does it state it is a plasma cutter nor does it state the flux rifle was a mining tool. The spectra was a mining tool, thus it has puncture damage, while the flux rifle is a weapon made by the corpus, proven by the crewmen who use the flux rifle against you. It is made to slice and dice flesh. btw it has no element because its 100% energy.