Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Needs Improvements

n3kro5515

Im not saying, the same thing that every ones say (increase the charge speed / ableto shoot without charge / bullet speed) nah that will kill the rifle difficulty and fun, what Im saying is to FIX!!! the accuracy, when I turn fast , my crossair is aming at an enemy and the shoot dont hit him, Its like the rifle dont turn at the same speed as the crossair when Im not aiming down sight, and please increase the chance of elemental damage. I know it is the highest damage per shot in the game, but its the slowest and probably the hardest gun to use, to be able to use this gun on crowded maps I need to use 2 mods for increase the speed and punch trough to kill several enemies with one shoot, before damage 2.0 I could go alone up to 120+ level enemies, but now on 30 or 40 (45 equal 100) Im geting serius problems. Greneers (Serration, Split chamber, Point strike, Vital Sense, Infected Clip, Stormbringer, Shred, Speed trigger, all maxed out meaning 5 formas, meaning 6 times geting this gun to level 30) and still cant make one shot kill, the armor its just too strong and because of the low speed charge and low elemental damage chance the weapon is render useles on high level greneers.

This is a weapon for mastery rank 7 then for players who have dedicated some time to the game, I have used 5 formas on this weapon so I invested in this gun, I love snipers and bows, I invested 5 formas on Dread (potato), Paris (Potato), Snipetron vandal, and planing to spend more on Vectis. But please fix this gun, its a hell of a gun, just need to increase the elemental damage and accuracy, just change some numbers and the weapon will be the same as before, this is a gun for players who have dedicated time to this game, players who are willing to spend lot of time gettin this gun to be a beast, beacause without potato and formas this weapon is useless, so we the few that dedicated to this task, deserve some little reward, like fixing that issues with damage 2.0 I know its not a popular gun, but its a gun for dedicated and methodic players.

Edited by n3kro5515

If you'd like a higher proc chance you should swap hammer shot for vital sense. and try this weapon out without shred I use to run speed trigger and shred, but since they added innate punch through it doesn't really need it anymore. That'll free up room for more elemental damage or if you're set on crits the addition of hammer shot instead of replacing vital.

That said I can't say I've ever had the issue with it not firing straight, perhaps it's network lag?

And since DE's buff to the Lanka I feel the only thing it needs now is that damn blinding light to be removed :x they "improved" it but it's still there sometimes.

Elemental damage is not the same as proc chance. Elemental damage is always applied, and procs do no additional damage unless the proc itself adds an effect (like toxic/slash/viral). And proc-chance is not that useful on the Lanka imho, as it fires too slow and kills too fast for the proc to really matter (eg. you can't lay down a blanket of CC like with the Grakata).

I can agree on the aiming problem with rapid movements. It is also a problem if the enemies get too close, as the barrel is so long that the shot will emerge behind the enemy instead of actually hitting it.

I would recommend you to try out Heavy Caliber on the Lanka instead of Shred, will give you some additional punch to be able to take down those high-level Grineer. Heavy Caliber is not that bad on the Lanka, currently using a R8 and the spread is barely noticeable at range (though it is killing my Snipetron and Vectis).

And you might also want to consider switching Infected Clip to Hellfire now with the addition of Alloy Armor for Elite Lancers, Napalms and Bombards, depending on what you have problems with, they are weak to Radiation now and Corrosive does not do any extra damage (Corrosive is for small/medium Grineer and Heavy Gunners).

before damage 2.0 I could go alone up to 120+ level enemies, but now on 30 or 40 (45 equal 100) Im geting serius problems.

before damage 2.0 lanka was serrated blade, which was an armor ignoring damage type, so the full damage was always done.

there is no armor ignore in damage 2.0, so you will always run into problems when facing high level grineer or other armored enemies, as their armor quickly scales into oblivion, provided you arent using corrosive projection(s).

in short, the problems you are facing have nothing to do with the lanka. it seems you are having serius problems with the game mechanics themselves, particularly armor scaling.