Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physical Dmg Mods For Rifles Needs A Buff

Lad_of_the_Lake

Remember the days when every weapon needed a piercing hit? Now the only weapon I even consider it on is Dera just because it's the only one with a decent Puncture percentage.

As the current mod system works, piercing hit, along with their impact and slash counterparts boost a current weapons Puncture/Slash/Impact Damage by a certain percentile of itself.

Which is fine, except the percent that it increases itself is next to useless compared to Melees and Sidearms.

Let's use the basic Mk.1 Braton for analysis.

It has a 3 impact 4 puncture 10 Slash percentile to its weapon, so let's say I want to use Piercing hit.

30% bonus to 4 gives me a whopping +1 damage to it, while the 30% bonus of Sawtooth clip will give me +3 to it, which is better than one puncture damage even to a grineer.

Proposal: Not to fuel the fires of buffing and nerfing, but the numbers of the mods need to be readjusted, or the percentile bonus of Piercing Hit etc. needs to be changed to make it competitive with the Elemental mods.

Mk. 1 Braton has a total of 18 damage more or less. Let's say I want to install a Max Piercing Hit. 

Instead of factoring the base Puncture damage, let it do the whole weapon damage, which gives me +6 puncture.

Yay or Nay?

I think they need to run through the physical and elemental damage mods and make them more equal, either make elemental mods use the damage after the physical mods in the calculations, or make the physical ones add based on the total weapon damage.

It doesn't help that because the elemental mods add so much raw damage they reduce the significance of the physical damage spread.