The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let hosts set drop-in options

NeverDT

As much as I love all of my friends, I've had a lot of cases where, when helping out friends from different corners of the 'net, I have other friends who are more familiar with the game dropping in. I'm not saying cooperation is bad, but sometimes you want to keep certain groups of people isolated from one another...for their own good...ahem. Just kidding. Anyway I'd propose an addition to the current three multiplayer modes:

Online: Anyone can see and join your game.

Private: Any of your mutual friends can see and join your game.

Invite only: The host of the game must invite players before they can join.

Solo: You're all alone. Allows pausing.

Invite only would be the same as Private. Who else is going to be on your contacts list? Some random stalker guy will put you on his contacts list and join on you and you didn't even accept him or something? Come on...Really?

Some people are part of large guilds. That doesn't mean they want to play with their entire friends-list when they are helping a new friend get into the game.

Invite only would be the same as Private.

No it isn't. Read the post.

Some people are part of large guilds. That doesn't mean they want to play with their entire friends-list when they are helping a new friend get into the game.

Pretty much. Between the IRC and the better part of my Steam friends list (and their friends) getting keys these last few days I have people randomly joining when I'm playing with new players and groups all the time. It doesn't bother me (if I want to solo I'll just solo), and I certainly don't want to offend anyone, but it's boring for new players to have level 30s show up and run ahead doing everything for them.

I did read the entire post, you just don't seem to get what I am clearly stating. I'm saying the idea is basically the same thing. The Private allows you to play with those in your contacts to play with you. Invite would mean the same thing technically, you invite those who are on your contact list.

Aside from WallyDin arguing for the sake of arguing. I believe an "invite only" would definitely be a good option to add to Warframe. I understand how you feel, having some random guy, or your friend who you didn't initially intend to play with. Sounds like a good solid way to play with people you want to play with.

Good idea, and hopefully we'll see it implemented.