Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Passives

Snakeslicer

Hello Everyone!

I have a small idea that might just help everyone.

Passive Warframe attributes!

So, Basically, since each Warframe is unique, why not make them a little more unique? In example, frost would have +0.5% cold damage that can't bind with other mods on all his weapons and won't take up a mod slot, or having trinity having +.4 health per second regen. This is based partly off the respective warframe's lore. 

Spoiler'd this due to length:

My ideas for passives:

Ash: all weapons slightly quieter, and +0.1% melee damage w/ bladed melees.

Banshee: +1 accuracy on all weapons.

Ember: +0.5% fire damage on all weapons. this specific damage boost cannot combine w/ other elements.

Excalibur:  +0.3% damage w/ melee swords.

Frost:+0.5% cold damage on all weapons. this specific damage boost cannot combine w/ other elements.

Loki: +.1 energy per second.

Mag: Proc chance for slash, Impact, and puncture +2% (actual percent, not percent of)

Nekros: 0.5% chance to instakill an enemy with every bullet, except for bosses and heavys.

Nova: Has a 10% chance to Heavy Impact on fall (Heavy Impact is a warframe mod)

Nyx: 3% chance to mind control with each bullet, except for Bosses and Heavys.

Oberon: Every Kill Grants +0.1 health and energy

Rhino: 1.2% chance to deflect an incoming projectile.

Saryn: +0.5% toxin damage on all weapons. this specific damage boost cannot combine w/ other elements.

Trinity: +.1 Health regen per second

Valkyr: +0.3% damage on all kick&punch melee weapons (e.g. obex, Furax) and bows (e.g. Dread, Paris)

Vauban: +0.1 stamina and energy regen per second. And +0.3% sentinel damage.

Volt: +0.5% electric damage on all weapons. this specific damage boost cannot combine w/ other elements.

Prime Warframes will have double the effect, for example Frost prime has +1% cold damage,and Mag Prime has +4% proc chance for Impact, Puncture, and Slash.

Thanks!

Maybe instead of that, we could have something like a Prime Core or Prime Reactor. Once this rather difficult to acquire item is installed into a Warframe (only), it adds a separate housing for the frame specific abilities (only), freeing up the 4 mod slots usually taken up by the precepts. So now all the default powers can be equipped/used and the full amount of mod points can also be utilized. The player would still have to change any precept polarities w/ forma to fully max out the frame.

Maybe instead of that, we could have something like a Prime Core or Prime Reactor. Once this rather difficult to acquire item is installed into a Warframe (only), it adds a separate housing for the frame specific abilities (only), freeing up the 4 mod slots usually taken up by the precepts. So now all the default powers can be equipped/used and the full amount of mod points can also be utilized. The player would still have to change any precept polarities w/ forma to fully max out the frame.

nice idea, but the point is being missed. These would barely affect gameplay, but it would make people feel extra special. :D

nice idea, but the point is being missed. These would barely affect gameplay, but it would make people feel extra special. :D

If it is an easy fix and more than anything is just for the warm-fuzzy that it will give people, it is totally worth it as it will increase the love and loyalty of its user base, for both the game and the community.

My other idea, playing off the Prime Reactor/Core, is that the prime cores are for adding additional mods slots (up to 4, as to mirror the exact number of precepts). The Player/Arsenal UI would have to change to reflect the addition of a 3rd slot in the Reactor/Catalyst/Forma space and the inactive/hollow brackets for where additional mod slots may one day be had. These Prime Reactors/Cores can be made in the foundry, but the blueprint (Re-usable. It is the 1 positive the player will get within the entire forging process) must be farmed (it can even be broken down into parts depending on how difficult the DEvelopers wanted to make it, but it would definitely be difficult). Besides the blueprint, the materials needed would be something like 4 Orokin Reactors, 4 Orokin Cells, 4 Forma and some other mats, in ridiculous numbers, like neural sensors and morphics. And to get 4 extra mod slots you would need to power up the Prime Reactor/Core 4 levels (which is not simply just adding 1+3. Every tier doubles the intake amount, just for added fun times). And since this works on frames, it could also work for sentinels. I think this may be more realistic view of a future upgrade idea if there were to ever be one in the area of mod slot expansion.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3

I asked Megan about it 22nd December

Me:

"Hello, i would like to offer a new contest for the community just like the one we saw on the melee weapons.

I and some part of the community have already mentioned that warframes should have their own specific resistances and passive skills. It would be nice to make a contest on this idea - like which resistanses, weaknesses and special passive traits they should have. It would also be nice if there will be ideas given on the alternative active skills for a warframes as most of the players stick to using 1-2 skills max which limits the game."

[DE]Megan

"Hello! We plan on implementing more community contests like the Melee design one depending on how this one goes.

We love all the community ideas, and I think your idea is great."

So i believe there is a chance for such changes and if this will be brought at first in a contsest disscussion form these changes will be to majority of  the players liking.