Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Concept - Paramedic

Holeypaladin

Being the type of person to enjoy a lot of solo missions, I've had somewhat of an uphill battle.  Currently it is fairly easy to complete most any mission type on multiplayer mode, but solo play requires a very good warframe with high-ranked mods.  It is over twice as difficult to solo a mission as it is to play with a partner, for a single reason: Revives.  Currently, your partner can revive you an unlimited number of times, but if you fall in a solo mission, you are dead.

So I came up with an idea for a sentinel which is primarily designed to assist solo players, but also useful in groups.  The paramedic sentinel, for lack of a better term, sacrifices offensive power and focuses entirely on support and first aid abilities.

While most sentinels currently have one ability that makes it use a weapon, and a second ability that uses some kind of ability, this idea instead uses two different healing abilities, listed below.

First Aid: Rather than firing a weapon, the paramedic sentinel has an ability which heals health damage to the warframe it is supporting.  Since the game in its current form makes health tanking a less than viable means of play, with the exception of the Oberon, Trinity, and Nekros abilities that give healing and cause health orbs to drop, the first aid ability would be useful for any warframe that takes health damage.

CPR: Currently, the only way to give "handgreen" revivals to fallen comrades is to have an ally in the mission who is able to come to your assistance before you bleed out.  This ability grants the "handgreen" revival ability to the sentinel.  Very useful for solo play, and potentially useful for team missions as well, as there is not always an ally able to come to your assistance in time.

Another alternative is to make both of these abilities into new precept mods for existing sentinels, at least with the First Aid ability (which would free up a slot to give the paramedic an offensive ability).  But I see no reason not to add more sentinels to the game, as there are only two sentinels which I find particularly useful, being the shade for stealth, and the carrier which is simply awesome.

This is a cool idea but would probably be better implemented as mods for all sentinels. I don't want to lose my Shade either, just so handy in a pinch. If it were to be done as a mod, it could just be called "Paramedic" ( I like "Ambulance Chaser," too) and be a singular mod that affords both abilities. It makes more sense to be a single mod. I would forfeit my sentinel's weapon for more support.

Edited by (PS4)GR13V4NC3