Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viewable Mods?

Frayu1600

Dunno if I even spelt the title good. Anyway, today I had another idea. 

We can put mods in our weapons, primaries, secondaries.. and I think it should be estetical too.

For example: if you put "stabilizer" [less recoil primary] there should be another stock for the weapon, maybe a silver one, to represent the reinforced stock.

Or if you put "hush" [noise reduction primary] there should be a silencer in the weapon and its sound should change..?

When you put a status mod for the melee, for example "molen impact", you see that the melee has a fire aura.

Now, if you put a status mod in a primary / secondary, when you shoot, it would be great if you see sparks. For example: if you put "stormbringer" in any primary, in the muzzle, instead of the same fire texture when you shoot, there should be energy sparks in there.. that would be great.

Let me know what do you think about this.

as much as this idea is good in concept, it would take too much work to execute properly. there's bound to be more bugs, more clipping through models, and it would take far too much more work for this to be custom configured for each unique weapon in the game.

as much as this idea is good in concept, it would take too much work to execute properly. there's bound to be more bugs, more clipping through models, and it would take far too much more work for this to be custom configured for each unique weapon in the game.

Well I think it depends on how DE tries to do it, the silencers could be fairly easy (as long as they avoid the weird shaped weapons like the miter), they just need a general model for each faction that attaches it self roughly at the end of a weapon.

But something like a stock that replaces the previous one, as mentioned by the op, would indeed be too much hassle.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Well I think it depends on how DE tries to do it, the silencers could be fairly easy (as long as they avoid the weird shaped weapons like the miter), they just need a general model for each faction that attaches it self roughly at the end of a weapon.

But something like a stock that replaces the previous one, as mentioned by the op, would indeed be too much hassle.

Yes, the stock should be added later, when warframe isn't in beta anymore.. who knows?

actualy

this is how mods used to affect guns they used to have blue bubbles in gun specific locations and was proof of concept

it would not take to much work just as much work as it takes to realign a weapon on a warframe wich 1 ocd guy in de does alone

When you put a status mod for the melee, for example "molen impact", you see that the melee has a fire aura. what do you think about this.

Doesn't the game already do this? I rarely melee, so I choose my mods purely for aesthetics. I remember mixing and matching different elemental combinations to see which one looks best with my frame's 'theme'