Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Boss Rework] Nef Anyo

DeadScream

Hi and happy new year !

I was thinking about the great weakness of Nef Anyo, which is his paper armor !
What if we gave him a bigger one ? Like, a very big one ?

What if he was the pilot of a giant mech, with dozens of drones siding him ?

Also he would eject just before his mech explodes, and we would have to finish him in his actual weak form.

The mech (edited with lower data)

Height : 7 metters
Armor : 10
Shield : 30 000
"Health" : 1000

Slowly moving, no jumping.

Weapons

Left arm : Supra
Right arm : Triple Flux rifle

Left shoulder : MIRV Launcher (ala Tribes Ascend Juggernaut

OR cluster energy mines launcher (see mine offsprey's yellow mines) 

OR Penta

Army

20 drones
5 shield offspreys
[new unit] 2 missile launcher drones
1 Leech offsprey

When Nef Anyo gets out of his mech, he immediately becomes invisible (AND NO STUPID BLUE MARKER ON HIM PLZ OH COME ON WTF BBQ) and appears only when he shoots with his Lanka.

Thoughts ?

Edited by DeadScream

That's a hell of a jump from sniper-wielding basketball player.

Then, nobody cared about the Jupiter jump from Golem to Alad, so if it fits with the story, I'm good.

Although don't you think the boss is a bit nuts for Mars?

Again, I know Alad is OP for his area and whatever newbies try to fight him... but do we need more newbie torture?

And he would need a map change, otherwise I could sense some glitches with the terrain being imminent.

That's a hell of a jump from sniper-wielding basketball player.

Then, nobody cared about the Jupiter jump from Golem to Alad, so if it fits with the story, I'm good.

Although don't you think the boss is a bit nuts for Mars?

Again, I know Alad is OP for his area and whatever newbies try to fight him... but do we need more newbie torture?

And he would need a map change, otherwise I could sense some glitches with the terrain being imminent.

Maybe reduce the HP and the shield ? 

I totally forgot he was on Mars xD 

Edit : reduced armor, HP and shield

Edited by DeadScream

Maybe reduce the HP and the shield ? 

I totally forgot he was on Mars xD 

Edit : reduced armor, HP and shield

Seems better.

Good job, by the way.

It's a solid suggestion.

I'm fairly certain Warframe players have been wanting to fight a mech that isn't a dog or an ostrich for a while now

I'd say that explosives are more of a grineer thing. I know the raptor uses them, but I've always kind of found that a bit odd. Maybe you could replace the MIRV launcher with a cluster mine launcher a la the mine ospreys. Like, have him seed an entire chunk of the battlefield with a bunch of mines in a single burst. Or maybe an anti-moa projectile launcher. 

I'd say that explosives are more of a grineer thing. I know the raptor uses them, but I've always kind of found that a bit odd. Maybe you could replace the MIRV launcher with a cluster mine launcher a la the mine ospreys. Like, have him seed an entire chunk of the battlefield with a bunch of mines in a single burst. Or maybe an anti-moa projectile launcher. 

That sounds good.

As long as sufficient time is given for players to dodge the grenades, there isn't anything wrong with the penta. It would come off as somewhat derivative of the jackal boss fight, though. The triple flux rifle may also be an issue depending on precisely how powerful you want to make it. elite crewmen already slaughter warframes when more than two focus fire.

Oh, I didn't explain, sorry. 

In my mind, as the mech already uses the Supra, it would not aim directly at the players with the flux rifle. It would probably activate it pointing at the ground at his feet and then, make it draw a straight line right to 20 metters away from him, and finally draw a big circle around him. Easy to dodge but the fact it's a triple weapon punishes you if you are not careful. 

It's also for the animation : three lasers spining together on a straight line are more impressive than a single one ^-^

The new Nef Anyo needs to be in a power suit or powered armor. The Corpus are not as 'brutish' as the Grineer, nor do they actually use many body modifications from what I've seen/heard. However, they are like a corporation-esc PMC. Therefore, using tech is something they obviously do. What better tech, for Nef Anyo, than to don a powered set of armor and go space marine on some Tenno &#!? I don't agree with the Mech, as you can probably tell.

You all know the Cestra? The Corpus Gatling gun? Well, since Nef Anyo is now wearing a suit of powered armor, he has a two-handed, Primary weapon variant of the Cestra. Because the Supra sucks and I'm a sucker for spinning barrels and actual Gatling guns.

Don't get too close to him, either. Or maybe you can't help it because in that powered armor, he can still move and tackle/shoulder the Tenno into the ground? He'll pin you down with a foot on your chest and light up your buddies with some hot Corpus 'nade action. Don't need a fancy launcher when your faction can still hand-toss 'em.

Edit: Hint to DE: Give us the primary version of the Cestra. ;-;

Edited by Katzenwolf

That's another idea, but in my opinion the game needs BIG bosses, and a mech for the Corpus faction would be perfect. 

We already have small-sized good corpus bosses : Jackal, Hyena, Zanuka are not supposed to be replaced. So we must replace a place holder with something big if we want something big !