Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wraith Twin Viper And Grakata Ammo Consuming Solution

.solitus

I made a post so long ago that still applies.

Basically, it discussed ammo efficiency of weapons like the Lex or Bronco because 200 shots is many more reloads than it would be for the twin vipers.

I was thinking that the Vipers should get like 12 reloads or something, not 4-5, considering Bronco gets 100 reloads. :/

Seeing how much work vipers do per reload compared to a Bronco, that would actually ask to the vipers to have a even smaller clip size. Btw, A Viper has 15 reloads, so it does have as many reloads as you are asking for, more actually :D.

<Edit>

Seeing that the Bronco is also a 'shotgun' style weapon, shouldn't it have an ammo pool  of a quarter that of a full auto weapon pool? Primary 540, Shotgun 120, Secondary 210, Bronco 45-50?

Edited by Makya

I think it would solve quite a few problems if there was a normalizing factor based on time till empty, which would be some set number of seconds.  Unmodded weapons would be used in their most ammo hungry mode for said number of seconds.  The number of rounds used, rounded up such that the number is divisible by the mag size, would then be the max ammo capacity.  Once that's done make ammo drops restore a % of max ammo.

So... for example lets take the twin wraith vipers and for argument's sake we'll use 45 seconds as our time till empty.

Mag size of 40 means 1.6 sec of fire time + 2 sec reload, therefore 40 shots per 3.6 sec or 11.111 rounds per second.  That yields 45 * 11.111 = 500 which gets rounded up to 520 to make it divisible by the mag size.  And continuing the pulling numbers out of my hat trick, lets make ammo drops restore 10% of max ammo, which would mean 52 ammo restored per pickup.

Better than the current system in my opinion and tweakable by altering the time till empty or % restored on ammo pickup.