Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Aptitude (And The Like)

AmmoRejected

Sorry if this is the wrong category, but it's a weapon mod feedback, so...

This mod is useless! Now don't get me wrong, the concept is great but the implementation is half-assed. I understand it was just swapped over from Stun Chance to Status Chance (lazy way of doing it by itself, given how poorly it was done), but being multiplicative as it is and not additive it is entirely useless.

(9) Rifle Aptitude: Status 15%

(9) Hammershot: Status 40% (+Crit 60%)

(7) Malignant Force: Status 60% (+Poison 60%)

HS is invaluable to a Crit/Proc build obviously, and MF has the pairing potential to be the bane of all things infested. I don't even build for crit on most guns because the crit chances on some fit under a microscope, but for S&Gs I slap HS+MF on for Status. (10% just became 20%... yay?) All whatever aside, if I want Status chance I'll equip Hammershot, I may even swap that for Malignant Force. Face it DE, you're bombing this really hard at the moment. Instead of flailing your arms around and dropping Cicero events and Viper Wraiths, can we get ONE coder to look at the Status mods and do something about them? I'll never be caught dead with the 15% mod for how costly it is for a 25%-45% waste. Make Rifle Aptitude (and it's respective ilk ONLY) additive. The rest can stay multiplicative, but do SOMETHING with this/these mods. You see that little line of code that says 2.5? maybe you could, y'know, do a ctrl+r "2.5" "15" just a liiiiiittle bit?

Additive 15% OR cap at 90% (15 +30/45/60/75/90)

Your move, DE. Make it count or this mod stays shelved for ALL players. (I'm sure I'm not alone)

status mods are being looked at, DE already acknowledged the current values are too low.

the reason why they're so low is because they used to be stun mods, and they values didnt get changed during the conversion.

as for the change, NO to additive, it's firstly inconsistent with all other mods, AND multiplicative bonus mean it has the same proportional bonus to ALL weapons(except 0%).

Edited by leonvision

a little angry but you have a point...

I didn't mean to be, but I see how it came out that way. Sorry.

@Leonvision

Thank you. I must have missed wherever it was that they acknowledged it. I'm usually well read up except this one, though I don't post much obviously. I did already know they used to be Stun mods, but thank you for informing an uninformed player things are indeed underway to remedy issues.