The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions on how to make a better experience.

8bitViking

First of all, I have to say I'm really enjoying the game. It looks beautiful and is fun as hell. I really love the upgrade mechanics and the overall tone of the game. Seriously, I'm amazed at how good it is.

Now to my suggestion. This isn't really a complain because I understand the game is still in Closed Beta and you guys are looking for feedback on the game and the business made around it. Now to the real stuff. I may not know every nook and crany of the game but from what I've seen, there is a bunch of stuff not available to every user from the get go. There are "pro" upgrades which one can unlock up to a certain point (everyone gets 50 at the start of the game which is pretty cool), acording to my math you can only unlock 2 "pro" skill trees if you're not paying any money. You also don't have enough platinum to buy another character. You're stuck with one if you're a "free 2 play" user.

That's... not cool. You may say, "hey the game is fun, if you don't like that then buy it." That's a valid point of view, I completely agree, but it is wrong also. Yeah I could spend a couple of bucks here and there on your game, right now, I'm not going to. Why? Well, because I haven't had the chance to try out the other classes, weapons, and skills available. That's exactly how most people who will play this game will feel. They could spend a bunch of money for stuff, but why should they if they haven't experienced what the game could really offer? Let's be clear now, what you get for free is pretty awesome already, I know, but man, video games are a tough cookie and you have to understand how people think now a days on how they spend their money. I would gladly spend $50 - $60 on a full game with all it's features, why? well, because it is a full game! I would never spend that kind of money on half a game though. I mean "half" in the sense that I don't really have any idea on what I could get with that money (i.e. "I haven't tried this class or this weapon yet").

This, I understand, it is a free to play game and you have to earn money from somewhere, right? That said, I would really suggest you guys would adopt a different way of earning money. Why not giving everything to the player? Your user base would grow because of how friendly it is. If you are confident enough on the base game, why not offer the player everything they could get? You could sell items for "double xp", cosmetic stuff, faster money generation. You know, the stuff f2p games offer now a days!

What you are doing right now is alienating people who would gladly spend money on the game if they could actually enjoy it without limitations from the get go. You may not like the idea but that's how stuff works now. Look at other MMO's and Free 2 Play games! Big games like SWTOR are droping in popularity due to their horrible f2p practices, now look at games like Blacklight Retribution, Planetside 2, or Hawken, those games are growing each day because they have a great service that focuses on offering a great experience to the player and then letting them decide if they want to spend their money on a product they already enjoy.

I suppose I'm writting this in vain though, it's obvious you have analyzed this. You guys (and galls!) are smart people. What I'm asking here is this: reconsider your business practices with your clients, we love your game and we are willing to spend money on it, just give us the chance to enjoy what it has to offer first.

Sincerely, a dude who really likes your game.

Edited by 8bitViking

Agreed! I think that all of the things(like pro upgrades and inventory) should be made available to the nonpaying players through ingame credit. For example, a pro upgrade on a frame can be like 250000 credits and on a weap can be like 150000. It may seem like a lot but it gives the free players an oppurtunity to get the stuff the paying players get, but it needs a little work. I think changes and updates like this will overall increase your playerbase and increase the amount of people who might want to spend money on this great game!

Agreed! I think that all of the things(like pro upgrades and inventory) should be made available to the nonpaying players through ingame credit. For example, a pro upgrade on a frame can be like 250000 credits and on a weap can be like 150000. It may seem like a lot but it gives the free players an oppurtunity to get the stuff the paying players get, but it needs a little work. I think changes and updates like this will overall increase your playerbase and increase the amount of people who might want to spend money on this great game!

Yes! That's exactly how other good f2p games work. Things shouldn't be any easier to obtain, just give us a chance to actually get them without paying! That way people would have a better idea on what they are getting when spending their money on the game.