The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slots Need To Go

spartan-322

Are we playing the same game?....Or do you just have so much money you don't notice it going out the window? A single potato costs a little over a $1 USD each. Each weapon costs the same as a normal video game, and warframes cost about the same as a release/console game. Asking for the ability to own the weapons and frames you made, without throwing them away later, is fairly reasonable.

Wait...what? I may not have logged as many hours as some of you, but I'm a level 6 mastery, have built 4 frames, all the sentinels save for djinn and maybe 2 dozen weapons and haven't spent a single dime...

And yes, some of those are potato'd and forma'd...

Me, I bought a little bit of plat (the second cheapest option, with a 20% off log in reward).  Used that mostly on slots, though I did buy one reactor (wasted on my Excalibur) and one catalyst.  Beyond that, I've sold things, primary R5 cores, at usually between 2-3 a pop.  Like the OP, I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to mods, so I only try to sell spare rares, and overall, have found the market for the ones I have rather lackluster (and the more in demand ones, I used to trade for other ones I wanted).  Still, I've made over 100 plat just on cores.  That's enough for three warframe slots and 6 weapon ones, on top of whatever one does with the initial 50.

Might not be the fastest or get me the most space, but that's the trade off one makes when one is being cheap.

Are we playing the same game?....Or do you just have so much money you don't notice it going out the window? A single potato costs a little over a $1 USD each. Each weapon costs the same as a normal video game, and warframes cost about the same as a release/console game. Asking for the ability to own the weapons and frames you made, without throwing them away later, is fairly reasonable.

Potatoes show up for invasions and alerts, and they just made invasions more common.  Today, for example, was a good day, with a reactor gotten as battle pay and then a catalyst from an alert.

You can build the weapons by buying blueprints, which only cost credits.  Warframes can be acquired with a mix of farming (to get the 3 parts) and a credit based purchase from the market (for the BP).  The ability to get those sort of things for credits, just by playing, is why people recommend using the initial free plat (and plat in general) on inventory slots, plus maybe certain cosmetic items you cannot get in-game. Buying a weapon/warframe for plat does have a few perks, like getting it instantly, an inventory slot, and a potato, but if you just want the frame/weapon, just get the blueprint and make it.

Many of you are using the excuse that "not everything is free". Now, I did not ask for everything to be free, not by a long stretch. I asked for only the slots to be free. Hell, they don't even need to be free. Being able to use credits to pay would be much better than actual cash. I did not ask for potatoes to be free, I did not ask for frames to be free, I did not ask for weapons to be free, I did not ask for cosmetics to be free, I did not ask for anything except slots to be free. So stop acting as if I wanted all the game to be free.

I (and many other people) do not have a money tree. We can't pay continuously for the privilege of having space for weapons and frames.

"I did not ask for anything except slots to be free"

Okay, so what you want platinum exclusive frames? Platinum exclusive weapons? You say you didn't ask for free content, only free slots. So you wish some content to be Platinum locked? Is that it?

New cosmetics are not appealing to those with platinum because for some inane reason DE seems stubborn on the matter of helmets and their stats. In my opinion the stats on helmets should be a separate entity to the cosmetic themselves, but this is a different matter.

Slots are the only thing in the game that you really feel compelled to buy with real money. But even then DE have been generous enough to allow platinum for trading. If you don't have it in you to farm for a rare mod to sell for slots, then I'm afraid this is not the game for you.

Also it doesn't take a money tree to earn a few bucks to buy a few slots. If you have the spare time to play Warframe on a computer that I assume cost money, you have the spare time to get a job and earn a few bucks. If you are too young to get a job, ask if you can do chores for family or friends.

Slots are here to stay, sorry to say.

To pay for slots is okay imo. But they are way too expensive. 20 plat for a warframe slot and 12 for two weapon slots is to much.

You spend 32 platinum for both and it will cost you 2,20€ . Thats too much, if you think about all the weapons and warframe that exist.

Their whole thing is just a money grab gimmick. 

In the context of this being a F2P game, one should already be careful when using that sentence.

That said, in the context of building a game with continual updates? It's really not. You want to see a money grab gimmick? Check out what EA has done to the good name of Dungeon Keeper (apologies in advance for making you read anything on Kotaku):

http://kotaku.com/a-cancer-thats-eroding-the-market-reactions-to-eas-1515121353

Yeaaah. Yeah.

Warframe is just trying to survive so they can keep giving you good stuff. You can play quite a bit of the game without spending a dime: It just means you'd be sacrificing how much stuff you can keep at once, and a good time chunk of time.

Edited by KoshLovesYou