The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid Vs Embolist

BaSiLB

Question

6 answers to this question

Don't know why Acrid gets all the hate. Tysis is locked into partial corrosive, Acrid's entire base damage can be converted to anything with Toxic and Toxic is a very flexible damage type to leave just toxic if you want a combo. Nothing wrong with Tysis though. Also a fine weapon IMO, though I have much less EXP with it.

I can't call Acrid better or worse than Embolist, it's a really weird comparison, but I can say for certain that the Acrid is completely worth using still and not 'underpowered' by any means. I will gladly livestream using my 6x forma Acrid doing whatever you like to help you decide, if you're just being careful about Forma or resource expenditure. I'll be online playing in about two hours, give or take.

I recommend Embolist for a CC heavy application or for anti-infested. I would recommend Acrid for the void or longer range engagements. Acrid is also nice for Mag because Techs can get kind of HP spongy and don't get instagibbed by Shield Polarize, but do lose their shields. 100% viral hitting a Tech with his shieldpants down is LOL.

Edited by VKhaun

Acrid lost it's god-tier title when 2.0 came out. The Embolist is proven in both 1.0 and 2.0.

I'd say Embolist. The only problem is that you need to be close, but the sheer DPS is astounding.

If you'd like a Acrid that's well suited for 2.0, try the Tysis.

i used acird today and i really like it ,, it also has higher toxin damage , and also used embolist i like it also it has continuous damage  but short range ,i dont want to use  tysis it has corrosive already :/

Don't know why Acrid gets all the hate. Tysis is locked into partial corrosive, Acrid's entire base damage can be converted to anything with Toxic and Toxic is a very flexible damage type to leave just toxic if you want a combo. Nothing wrong with Tysis though. Also a fine weapon IMO, though I have much less EXP with it.

I can't call Acrid better or worse than Embolist, it's a really weird comparison, but I can say for certain that the Acrid is completely worth using still and not 'underpowered' by any means. I will gladly livestream using my 6x forma Acrid doing whatever you like to help you decide, if you're just being careful about Forma or resource expenditure. I'll be online playing in about two hours, give or take.

I recommend Embolist for a CC heavy application or for anti-infested. I would recommend Acrid for the void or longer range engagements. Acrid is also nice for Mag because Techs can get kind of HP spongy and don't get instagibbed by Shield Polarize, but do lose their shields. 100% viral hitting a Tech with his shieldpants down is LOL.

nobody hates it man xD .. i dont want to use Tysis as u said it is locked ! i want pure Toxin Damage ..i just realized that Acrid can be used in all missions but Embolist can be used in infested missions since they run like crazy on u and so no matter the range of the weapon. .

i added u in the game ^^

I think Tysis is the new acrid except its already corrosive. but if youre gonna ask me im gonna go with embolist, used to have my acrid with me all the time now im just using other secondaries.

i wanted pure toxin damage ;)

you're comparing a Vectis with an Ignis...

2 completely different weapons.

i just realized that :3