Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts about the game so far.

clorviolt

Hello everyone! I got the beta-key for Warframe yesterday (MMOBOMB.com) and been testing around ever since.

I've written a few notes that came to my mind quickly ~

Your game is ridicolously addictive. I don't think I've ever been this addicted to an online game since League of Legends!

I don't usually even like shooter games, because i suck at them. Perhaps the third-person view is what makes the huge difference here, can't say for sure. I do know though that the combat is really really satisfying. Every moment i cut off someone to pieces with my sword i feel so kick-&#!! The feeling of 'badassness' i get from playing this game is almost on Duke Nukem-level. If there's something constructive to say about the combat; I'd love to be able to 'cover'. It is strange that the enemies can cover but I can not. Since the mechanic is already built-in there, why not implement it further so that the players can take cover as well? I mean leaning on walls and other obstacles. Also, the amount of stamina that a sword swing absorbs is almost non-existant. I don't think I've ever ran out of stamina because of sword-swinging, yet sprinting sure gets my character tired fast. Difficulty level is rather perfect in my opinion, I've been mostly soloing to my level 15. Died a few times, but I like a bit of challenge.

I don't mind the story being kinda 'just there', it doesn't really matter in a game such as this. However the overall presentation could be much better what comes to the 'intros' when stepping into a new zone etc. Even a few more animations than falling down from the roof would be nice.

Overall i really like the visuals, all the FX and particles are really flashy and make the combat really exciting.

However, what comes to level design, I was kind of hoping that we'd get out of the interior zones at later levels.

I'm sure this has already been requested multiple times, but atleast a different kind of interior 'zone-set' would be awesome. (along with a new faction full of monsters to kill, hehe.)

I would love a personal little 'hub' where i can gather my party-mates and just fool around while someone's having a smoke before the real action. A spaceship cabinet or such. I know this is no first-priority for you guys, but the galaxy map alone is kind of dull. Oh and the galaxy map interface could use a little re-arrangement, like a small list of all the planets with a "8/12" (for example) next to the map to showcase the amount of zones completed within that planet.

Sound-effects are perfectly on par with the visuals. Music does it job in the back, though I'd love some variation to the soundtrack. (Being a music producer myself.)

I see the cash-shop is still on the works, and i like the fact that you can pretty much earn everything you see that you could buy with real-money too. Only thing that really worries me is the 'go pro' -function. (to branch out further after lvl 15 on weapons and warframes) If it's only available via real-money, that'll put a real disadvantage towards the non-paying players. I don't know if it's just Loki, but it kind of sucks that you can't even get the fourth skill without paying.

An achievement system of sort could fix this. Collecting enough specific warframe-related achievements could be a way to earn the 'pro-branch'

Anyways, to summarize, I think you're got a really addictive gameplay, and a GREAT foundation to build upon.

I wish you make the right decisions and listen to the community feedback. :)

Thank you, and I shall 'donate' by buying some platinum on my account.

[sorry for my lacking English]

I see the cash-shop is still on the works, and i like the fact that you can pretty much earn everything you see that you could buy with real-money too.

According to the Boss Locations + Their Special Drops thread, gun blueprints never drop from enemies meaning that the only place they can be obtained is from the cash shop.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

EDIT: And then I realized that you can buy guns for XP in the cash shop, whereas before I had the impression they required XP and Platinum before.

Edited by Phurl

Glad to hear guys :)

I also forgot one of the biggest problems; while the private coop system works great with friends, on public mode the game usually turns into a 'race' where people simply don't even wait for you before the use the elevator and advance on. I know it's a little harder to fix but the game doesn't encourage teamwork in anyway other way than playing with friends.

Edit: atleast not on lower levels.

Edited by clorviolt

i'd also add in the ammo drops, i wish it was like mass effect-ish (thermal clips to be exact), one ammo for all weapons is really a big help specially when going against large groups of enemies, because even if you have a party of four people at some point during the mission everyone will start using their melee weapons because the ammo is scarce or doesn't drop for the particular weapon that you're using.