The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Ability - Info, Bugs & Review

Solonavi

1. Venom also strikes me as underwhelming. I do love the idea of Venom, but... Changing the power so that the spores spread upon the host's death might be the most elegant solution. As Askaris tests show and Alienami pointed out, a power that hinges on using such and such weapon, otherwise good luck getting it to work, is an unfortunate design.

2. Moult is nice but it does appear to still need some tweaks.

In my experience it works flawlessly against bosses, when one ignores the sentinel issue.

Against the run of the mill enemies it's hit or miss. I've used Moult and run past an enemy, who immediately turned to shoot me. I've also used it and rubbed up against an enemy who (other than a brief burst at my sentinel) ignored me in favor of the Moult. In other situations I've used it while several enemies were shooting me, sidestepped, and they continued to fire at me.

Edit: While this may not be the best place to ask, I wondered if it is intentional that Moult cannot be triggered while sprinting?

3 & 4. No personal experience just yet.

I agree that I expected Saryn to function like the toxic ancients. While it isn't unheard of to have one rule set for players and another for enemies / NPCs, that should be made clear if that is the case.

Edited by Grinstone

in my opinion Venom should be more like the toxic ancients poison cloud. And Contagion should be stronger or be more AoE oriented, like splashes of acid flying around whenever you hit an enemy with your melee weapon.

Atm i only use Moult and Miasma, venom when against a boss.

in my opinion Venom should be more like the toxic ancients poison cloud.

Having a castable toxic cloud would be an obvious winner, but the problem is that it's too similar to Ember's abilities. Casting one that flies to a target would be too similar to fireball, and having one appear all around you would be too similar to overheat. Too many frames have level 4 spells that are too similar as well.

i'm sure It's tough coming up with new stuff that's useful!!