Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skill Tree

rembizzel

Weapons are actually a lot stronger now potentially than they were before, on average a weapon used to have 5 mod slots plus some small passive bonuses from the skill tree. Now all weapons have 8 mod slots and most mods are far stronger than they used to be for example I upgraded a pistol fire mod 3 times and it is now doing +60% fire damage, best I found pre update 7 was 24.3% on a single mod

Weapons are actually a lot stronger now potentially than they were before, on average a weapon used to have 5 mod slots plus some small passive bonuses from the skill tree. Now all weapons have 8 mod slots and most mods are far stronger than they used to be for example I upgraded a pistol fire mod 3 times and it is now doing +60% fire damage, best I found pre update 7 was 24.3% on a single mod

Now max all of the cards. Good luck :)

You definitely need to check your numbers then, my friend. I agree that the weapons are much weaker and are probably weaker along beginning to mid ground with mods; but once you get some mods to high levels they will equal or outscale the previous patch weapons. Granted I didn't get alot of amazing mods during patch 6 and below, but I don't think shotguns then could have achieved 190% weapon damage with +90% AP, +90% Fire, +90% Frost,+90% Electric,+90% fire rate, and 120% multishot... and yes, that will all fit on one shotgun.

Depends on the weapon. My HEK now will never be as great as it was before because it doesn't have the upgrade tree addons like increased clip size. Now you can find a mod to increase clip size but it only allows up to 30% clip size increase, which is only ONE shot for a HEK more per clip. Before update I'd have 10 shots in a clip, without any mods that increased clip size. Also, reloaded faster.

Depends on the weapon. My HEK now will never be as great as it was before because it doesn't have the upgrade tree addons like increased clip size. Now you can find a mod to increase clip size but it only allows up to 30% clip size increase, which is only ONE shot for a HEK more per clip. Before update I'd have 10 shots in a clip, without any mods that increased clip size. Also, reloaded faster.

You could look at it this way, the Hek is so much more powerful now in every other way that it will take less shots to kill anything and will be capable of killing more things with each shot so the clip size works out about the same.

Much much weaker!

Before update, Furax with some Heavy 15%-19% charge damage did 2300 on crit on infested; now even with a mod that we would've dreamed of in the last update (125% Charge Damage) about 337 ...... YOU'RE F'ING KIDDING ME !!!!

ya with the hek reload and clip is just terrible

evan with mods

also i had like 6 +75% meele damage mods on my warframe with +23% damage mods on the weapon

no way i can get that kinda damage now

not evan close

Some weapon had the benefit from tree in the past update but trees needed to be tailored-made to be really useful. Some nodes like Boltor crit node, Bronco clipsize made the tree system quite unsuitable for the game, design wise. I like the new system on weapon since in the old tree, numerical value upgrade from trees were really insignificant (2 damage per node, 0.1 more crit, meh). The worthwhile upgrades were heavy weapon normal/charge damage and Snipertron/Hek damage. Old tree also relied on mods to be effective.

However, new mods can be added in future update. Let DE sort things out with the current progression