Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perhaps In The Future: Full Akimbo Pistols

Phantasmo

There are three aproaches to dual guns:

1) You have two equal guns. Left click fires both, first one then the other. In practice if works and feels like having a single gun with twice mag size and rate of fire. This is the way Warframe works right now.

2) You have a gun in each hand, not necessarily the same gun. Left click works as in 1). This is better, but still not perfect and it's unsuitable for Warframe because of the nature of certain guns (Stug, Spectra, etc).

3) Best, the most fun way: have a gun in each hand, not necessarily the same gun. Left click fires left gun, right click fires  right gun. This is called Full Akimbo. You can use an alternative button to take aim. You can hold for example left button so Spectra fires continuously while tapping right click to cast a Tysis proc. Just an example. Call of Juarez used this last method and it was AWESOME. In fact you could set it to full akimbo or use traditional settings.

Which one would you like?

What I want is the Just Cause 2 Dual Wield system. In which you can dual wield any combo of single-handed guns, so in the case of Warframe, I could, say, dual-wield Brakk and Detron (if I had Detron, but the Harvester is a total wuss and won't show his face ;n;)

Or I could choose between using Detron or Brakk separately, swapping in and out of them in the middle of a mission.

Edited by InvaderMEEN

How would modding work? would you have two completely seperate weapons with their own mods? That would be weird. And you would probably have to have duplicates of all your mods ):

Good point, but an easy to solve actually. Sentinels have this problem and I would use their solution: both pistols should use different mods. Yeah you would need two copies of some of them but think how fun would it be in the long term.