The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Repetetive Rooms

Necroptic

I don't know if this has already been said but I see way too much repetition in the room design (at least on Mercury since I have only played the game for a few hours).

I see a few rooms twice (sometimes thrice) in the same mission all the time and it confuses me on where I am sometimes.

It would be nice if it was one big map instead of 6 rooms times 2.

EDIT:

Repetitive*

Wish I could edit the title...

Edited by Necroptic

I see you're new, you should know that one of the key features about Warframe is the proceduly generated maps, let me explain this. The levels are generated randomly using pieces of tilesets (ship, asteroid, bases, etc....), so everyting is random, and you can't control how many times you'll see the same room, the configuration changes, so everytime you repeat a mission, you'll never play the same level again, besides, in the real life, to make ships or any buildings with completely different rooms, is expensive and pointless (I know this isn't real life but you get my piont) so don't worry and give some more time to the devs, so the can add more maps and content and forget about repetiveness, the maps takes a lot of time to be created, and you're playing Mercury, there's more variety of map in the next planets!...

Guest Sess1on

This game utilizes procedurally generated maps which is an amazing design feature. Yes, having the same room pop up multiple times in one mission may seem weird at first but really helps the game's freshness in the long run. Not to mention it keeps the file size down too. If you notice, Warframe is only about 1.8 gigs which is nothing short of incredible for a game with such a large amount of content and high replay value.

Edited by Sess1on

I have to agree here, even though these maps are procedurally generated they definitely need a few more varied interations of the tilesets. I would also love to see a lot more variety in level aesthetic. I know it's early stages of the game but there definitely needs to be a lot more variety in regards to level design, it all gets a little samey after a while, almost reminds me of the first Halo game, once you had been through a few corridors on the map you've pretty much seen them all. Needs different arcitechture, different settings, different biomes. The same kinda goes for the mobs too. I'd happily download an extra few more gigs if there was a crap ton more monsters and more varied level design/locals.

I have to agree here, even though these maps are procedurally generated they definitely need a few more varied interations of the tilesets. I would also love to see a lot more variety in level aesthetic. I know it's early stages of the game but there definitely needs to be a lot more variety in regards to level design, it all gets a little samey after a while, almost reminds me of the first Halo game, once you had been through a few corridors on the map you've pretty much seen them all. Needs different arcitechture, different settings, different biomes. The same kinda goes for the mobs too. I'd happily download an extra few more gigs if there was a crap ton more monsters and more varied level design/locals.

Don't worry, we will get more in the future.

A few updates ago we only had the corpus ship, Then they added the Grineer Asteroid base, and we just got the Corpus Outpost. Considering how far the maps have come from only having the ship tileset I feel that it is safe to say we will have more awesome map tilesets coming in the future, not to mention new enemies are also practically a given.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV