Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impact Damage Way Too Weak.

Detheroc

Thats just how it is. Impact is meant to take down corpus... with that -25% dmg to corpus flesh and no multiplier to Robotics? Once you have the shield down you arent dealing damage anymore. For instance, its easier to level the Akmagnus while killing Grineer rather than Corpus. Isnt that a bit counterlogical? The waaay more efficient way is to use toxin damage since it ignores shields AND does +50% damage to corpus flesh. The only downside: -25% to robotics, but thats really not that big of a deal, considering Corpus have a much higher shield than health pool.

Cold, it's better then toxin

toxin damage that pass trough shield is only the proc damage not the entire toxin damage

anyway i prefere magnetic damage against corpus

to be honest impact-puncture-slash damages aren't that important, what's important is their total sum

Cold, it's better then toxin

toxin damage that pass trough shield is only the proc damage not the entire toxin damage

anyway i prefere magnetic damage against corpus

to be honest impact-puncture-slash damages aren't that important, what's important is their total sum

We dont have cold based weapons yet. As for toxin, it bypasses shield completely, not only procs. Shoot an Embolist on a corpus and enjoy pure grey numbers.And the point i made this post is because impact based weapons are just weak. Everyone can slap an elemental on his weapon, but it should do well even without that elemental. Slash is still the superior damage type since it has multipliers to every faction.

Edited by Detheroc

For instance, its easier to level the Akmagnus while killing Grineer rather than Corpus.

It's easy to level the Akmagnus... period.

Impact is like raw damage. It's not great to specialize in, but it's not bad to have. It's the only real means a newbie can drop shields on corpus the second they start engaging them (I didn't get an elemental mod until I nearly maxed my first frame). People are really complaining b/c there is no min-max mobs that would require impact dmg. Everything is so specialized. You are doing it wrong bringing a piercing weapon in a non-boss infestation run or a slashing weapon against the corpus. I would have rather had impact do 25% more dmg to machinery enemies instead of piercing (or as well as piercing).

I really like having an impact secondary for bosses with shields. I can have a primary that focuses on doing the unshielded dmg without wasting ammo. It's a minor point, but it's not like this game is designed around having one useful weapon. I still enjoy my Kogakes as they aren't weak against anything

Besides, I'm pretty such the impact proc can clutch matches in the conclave.