Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Efficiency Of Upgrading Your Mods After Update 7.6 (Updated)

NazFTW

Update 7.6

New changes to the mod efficiency, remade the table with the new costs and exp. It's becoming increasingly difficult to measure the amount of exp so these numbers have a margin of error, but one thing is for certain: the efficiency goes up in rarity and rank now, which means that finally Rare 10s are worth something! Again, the test has been done on Seeker (Rare) mod with same rarity cards.

saSWUHt.png

Going up/down in rarity also influences the exp you gain from a card. So the Same Polarity and Different Polarity in this case were the same rarity as the card being used on (RARE). If you use a Same Polarity/Different Polarity card with a different rarity than the card you're using it on, the exp will be different.

=============================================================================================

Update 7.4

There have been changes to the mods so I've retested everything and completed the list with cards as well. Seeker rare mod was used to determine the exp. For easy numbers, I've assigned 1000 exp for r0 to r1 and 2000 exp for r1 to r2 (as it is clearly double).

46TmHRK.png

The list is sorted by credits / exp point that you pay. The top of the list is what you would call the best thing to use for fusion.

I love the changes, this is way more reasonable but I still do not understand the reason behind Rare 10 being almost half as efficient as a Common 1.

============================================================================================

Update 7

Since the exp given by Fusion Cores seems to not bug out anymore (or not as often), I've decided to do a little bit of testing and see which is the most efficient way of upgrading mods using Fusion Cores of different rarities and ranks.

A few things to note: I've assumed the exp needed from Rank 0 to Rank 1 was 1000 (for easy numbers). The card used for testing was a Rare (Seeker, pistol puncture) as they require the most exp to level up.

Here are my results:

tGUX7Af.png

Now, the increment of credit cost as you keep adding them is consistent so the efficiency is also constant.

This looks like farming a lot of Common 1 is the most cost efficient way of leveling your rare mods, closely followed by Uncommon 1 and Rare 1. Going up in Ranks seems like a really bad idea, going up in Rarity seems like a slightly bad idea. It might be worth sacrificing some efficiency because If you can get one Rare 1 in the time you get two Common 1, then it's worth it. But seeing as the drops rates are very inconsistent in Warframe, I cannot give a rough estimate yet.

Edited by NazFTW

sad thing I think the rare ones should be more efficient since u are not able to level that accurate in points and they supposed to be rare and rare should be better than uncommon :D ... but i do not understand why there is a need for different fusion cores anyway - the game would be much easyer and transparent if there is only one type of fusion core.

for example:

to go

from Rank 0 to 1 u need 10 Fusioncores

from Rank 1 to 2 u need 20 Fusioncores and so on

there would be a fixed price to install a fusion core into your Module and the price would be fair and transparent

[i see no benefit in ranking the fusion cores since u can not sell them for credits]

@DE was there something i missed in my thought (maybe there is a thought behind the fusion core ranks that really makes sense)? I was a while not playing and had not much times to test update 7 :(

------------------------------

** another thought that is not directly connected but slightly

<-- if i want to rerank my Warframe Module (ability) already on level 3 is there a possibility to go down on 2 or 1 somehow?

Edited by _ZAR_

Keep in mind that those exp numbers I've posted there are ROUGH numbers, those aren't EXACT numbers so take them with a grain of salt. However, that's a good estimate of how I think it works, unless the efficiency goes up by a lot after rank 5 (for mods that have 10 ranks max), you would require... quite a lot of fusion cores to max a mod.

Edited by NazFTW

This is true... using Fusion Cores with a higher level and Rank is a horrible idea, it will cost you manymany times more than using cheap cards, or duplicates...

Makes me truly regret not having sold ALL of my mods before update 7. >_>

Edited by Sherbniz

Also he didn't do it alone though he implies he did.

We've assumed a few things without which this analysis would be impossible:

- the efficiency of a fusion core remains consistent between mod card upgrade levels. That means a Rare 10 core gives the same amount of XP at level 1 as it does at level 7, only the XP required to upgrade increases;

- the event where a fusion core decreases the progress bar instead of increasing it is a bug and is not part of the intended process;

- all fusion cores of the same rank and rarity are identical regardless if they were pre or post update 7

Things we found out:

- Rarity of a mod card does not matter when determining which fusion core affects it. Meaning all fusion cores give a static amount of xp regardless of the card's rarity.

- Fusion core costs go up by 50% of the base rank each level

- fusion core costs are purely additive and do not multiply based on how many cores you throw into a mod

- Efficiency scale: Duplicates > same polarity cards > common 1 > everything else. It seems duplicates are the way to go cost-wise.

Analysis: related solely to fusion cores, the common 1 variant is the most efficient price per gain, but you also require the most of them to upgrade. So it seems you have 2 choices: either farm for cards or farm for credits. Farming for cards however gets insane if you want to upgrade for higher levels due to the sheer numbers of them you require, even though they are cost efficient.

Bottom line: to reduce the cost as much as possible, use lower level fusion cores. It's better to have a lot of lower level ones than a few high level ones.

We'd like to suggest to DE that in the future they improve their transparency so these assumptions are not needed to figure out such a seemingly arbitrarily complex system. Transparency is a big problem in this game right now.

Edited by krisp

i've been poking around with regular mods, because fusion cores seem to be super buggy at best.

the base rank is 0. fusion costs go up by 100% of the base rank cost per rank.

but fusion cores don't appear to drop as rank 0.

for regular mods, uncommon gives twice as much exp as common, rare gives the equivelent of three commons.

(naturally, this extends to required exp: uncommon need double, rares need triple)

given that your numbers are "rough", seems like this may extend to fusion cores as well.

there's some wonky behaviour going on with ranks on regular mods tho. sometimes a rank 2 seems to be worth two, other times it's worth three. more poking required.

We'd like to suggest to DE that in the future they improve their transparency so these assumptions are not needed to figure out such a seemingly arbitrarily complex system. Transparency is a big problem in this game right now.

totally true make the system more transparent otherwise it is no fun playing around at least give a hint in the user interface (pls :D)