Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Single Osprey Explosions Cause Lag Spikes

(PSN)Budukai_Man

While playing by myself in Corpus survival, I've noticed that lag spikes occur when a single osprey blows up. I've never noticed this from previous versions of this game. It's a bit alarming because I'm not playing with other people. When I blow up multiple ospreys that spike isn't as noticeable. Hope this helps, if more info is needed I'll do my best to provide more.

• 2 weeks later...

New observation, it seems that these lag spikes actually are a result from the the projectiles that impale enemies. So when an osprey is killed by the Stinger gun from the sentinel it lags. Weirdest part is when a normal enemy hits a wall, sometimes it spaghettis all over the place. If the enemy does this large taffy animation the game just freaks out and gives very long lag spikes. This was an issue I was going to report as a different post but it seems the two may be linked as I saw an after image of the osprey taffy before it exploded. 

For all I know this issue will be fixed in the next update, but I figured I'd post what I've seen and maybe get to the bottom of why games keep crashing.

I think because Osprey explodes and leaves no 'corpse'. It would attempt to try and get impaled anyways but possibly some weird 'glitch in the matrix' tries to do something about it. I dunno about it personally but I know I am not alone in this. It helps significantly if you used abilities like Nova's Molecular Prime or Sayrn's Miasma, it would cut down the death animation and the after effect of impaling by a lot because of how the effects were made to be. Only so far that is how it helps me avoid the lag and how I assume that is what causes things to bug out.