Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bows And Melee Weapons Needs Unique Mods That Could Make Them Interesting/fun To Use(Also Some Buff)

Shin

Yeah as the title says. Currently bows and melee weapons are way too damn boring. Bows has a funny mod called Thunderbolt which does literally nothing. On the other hand Melee weapons doesnt even have a mod like that.

What we need is a reason to use bows and make the non charge melee weapons fun to play / useful.

Now some ideas that i've gathered on forums and some of my ideas about bows and Melee weapons.

Bows;

Literally no reason to use if you are not going to force yourself on a non existing stealth mission. 

What do we need? We need a way to make them both powerful and fun to use. How ? Here's some mod ideas.

Rain: AOE. Makes you make shower your enemies with sharapnels in a cone ( Dont know the name but there was a missile that carries miniature but effective bombs like that) Should look like heavy rain to make it look awesome. Arrow is fired straight either should explode on  contract and acts like a sharapnel bomb or should look like an arrow salvo.

Thunderbolt: Change this goddamn mod. Its totally useless. Doesnt scale with anything. Waste of mod slot / capacity. Make it shoot actual lightning. Like Volt's first ability that scales with mods. (serration or whatever). And more elemental mods like this.(Frost damage, Fire damage etc)

Grapple hook: Yeah basically Valkyr's first ability that doesnt pull the enemy or rip them apart. Just lets you play spoderman for a while. You can grapple somewhere and start shooting your enemies from there. Should replace your aiming ability.

Piercing Shot: An overpowered punch through mod. Should add some animations to arrow like Drilling the enemies. Should have infinite piercing so that it can pierce and deal damage to your enemies if they are on the verge of dying. Imagine baiting your everyday grineer to follow you like a marching army then kill them all together with a piercing shot. It should have " satisfying" animations though.

Thats all i had in mind maybe some of them looks ridiculous and overpowered but atleast those would make it fun. I'd use these mods instead of trying to find a good combinatin between elements or whatsoever.

Melee:

Okay since the birth of Excaliburs sister, most of the melee weapons are nowhere near useful. Yeah im talking about Galatine. But thats a charge weapon. Not everyone likes charge weapons. I personally like Dakra prime but i cant use it for obv reasons. (okay like getting your face ripped by an high level napalm).

What do we need? Again. Some usefullness and a little fun.

Non-charge weapons needs a damage and status buff. For example Akmagnus has 25% status chance and crit chance. Why not apply that to melee weapons? Faster weapons should have high crit and Status chance.

Though that being said there's no reason to use single weapons like Dakra prime or ether sword. This idea doesnt belongs to me but i think it doesnt matter so long as it gets implemented.

Let us use a single pistol and long sword in one set. For example we could use both weapon a the same time if pistol and the melee weapon are the single types. Left click for melee, right click for pistol. They should have unique shooting and slashing animations.

Or let us actually sever the parts of the enemy with our melee or better yet cut them in half with the actual melee swings path(for example if we jump and fall on an enemy with our galatine, if its a killing blow we should cut the poor thing into half from top to toe.

Another idea is the letting  Non charge weapons use the stealth kill animations even if the enemies are alerted. Should let us use the stealth attack animations and damages if the enemies back is turned to us.

on the other hand we can have some mods .

A Split chamber mod for melee which should only affect normal slash weapons.

Air wave: If this mod is equipped, it changes your right click or charge attacks with wind waves which deals damage to everthing on its path. If its a killing blow then it should cut sever the parts of the enemies body.

Death Dance: Basicall gives you a chance to instakill the enemy infron of you by making it actually cut the enemy in half. For example your first swing is horizontal and it deals damage and your second swing procs this mod and its a vertical cut. It cuts your enemy into 2 pieces by cutting it vertically.

Focused Will: Changes your charging ability. When you charge your weapon, its normal slashing damage should increase. A unique animation where you focus on your weapon, should give your weapon something like an aura around it to make it look interesting aswell. Should have the aura effect so long as the mod is in effect.

Bonus ridiculous mod .

Sonic Slash. Since your slashes are so fast that it creates sonic booms which deals explosive damage and ragdolls them.

Maybe not the best ideas around but these ideas would make things more interesting.

Im aware that some of the ideas listed above looks ridiculous or overpowered but numbers or effects can be changed. Even if these ideas gives DE some idea, that should be enough and please ignore the names of the mods :P

Now excuse me while i fall asleep. 

Thank you for reading. May the RNJesus smile upon you all :P

The grappling hook skill should function with the reload key instead of the right mouse button. Other than that i think this is cool.

I like the split chamber for melee idea. When used with puncture or blunt weapons a transparent blur of your frame doing a random animation in the combo chain should appear on you, giving the illusion of attacking so fast that you struck twice. The combo power with berserker would be ridiculous.

Also sonic slash should be a charge attack mod that also works with the slide attack. Now when you helicopter on the ground you trip anything grounded in your path.

Edited by sewens