The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Bugs And Feedback

Artimex

So I got Zephyr with some spare Platinum almost as soon as it released. Since then I've put a lot of play into her and have discovered a few bugs that I would like to bring to light, as well as my thoughts on the frame. I don't know if anyone else done this already, so bear with me.

Overall Stats

Overall shes a pretty balanced frame, with impressive Health and Shield stats (450 unmodded). Her armor is very low, but I feel that fits her better. She has good enough movement speed, especially considering how good Tailwind is for mobility. She doesn't have too much energy, 150 unmodded, 300 with maxed Flow. Her mod polarities are pretty nice too, with her possessing one of each polarity slot available for a Warframe.

Powers

Tailwind - An awesome ability for moving around the battlefield very quickly. It does deal damage, although a relatively small amount. The power could stand to cost maybe 5 or 10 energy less.

Dive Bomb - Although this skill is very fun to use, I have had some problems with it. In my experience, It seems the skill does not work at times, only working if used right after Tailwind is used. When it does work, the range and damage are minuscule. The skill could really use a damage and/or range buff.

Turbulence - Although costly, it works really well. It can deflect projectiles and makes it much harder for Zephyr to be hit. The animation for the power is also really cool.

Tornado - By far one of the most entertaining powers I have seen yet. Its is hilarious to watch the Tornadoes throw enemies around the battlefield. I also REALLY love how you can change the element of the Tornadoes by shooting one, a really cool mechanic.The power itself does some good damage and the Tornadoes do a really god job of keeping enemies away from a certain location. It does throw loot around though. A lot. I've even seen some loot get suspended in the air, making it hard to reach.

Bugs

I don't know if anyone else has experienced these problems, but I've had them occur a few times.

Clipping Issues - These were fixed and are no longer a problem.

Dive Bomb - I don't know if it is intentional or not, but Dive Bomb does not seem to work unless used right after Tailwind. I jumped from various high places and the impact did not seem to do much. I even landed right on top of a few enemies and they seemed unfazed. It works fine if I first use Tailwind to propel myself upwards first, however. Although even then, the damage and radius are so small that it just does not do much.

Tornado - I have noticed that the Tornadoes do not take on the element of the gun you shoot them with if you are a client. I joined a Survival game on Apollodorus (probably spelled that horribly wrong) and my Tornadoes would not take on the Radiation element that the Detron possesses when I shot them. It also would not work for my Burston Prime, which has Blast equipped. I then hosted a game on the same map, and the Tornadoes worked without a problem, properly taking on the element of whatever they were shot with. 

So how does everyone else feel about Zephyr? Am I the only person who has experienced the bugs I listed above, or am I just crazy?

Edited by Artimex

Tailwind is awesome and I love it. The only change I'd ask for would be to decrease the energy cost to 10 like Excalibur's Super Jump. If you have to get rid of the damage to compensate, go for it; the damage is minimal and takes some skill to actually get Tailwind to hit something. Always on my loadout.

Dive bomb seems pretty lackluster once you get past it not doing anything if used in conjunction with anything except Tailwind. It does horribly low damage even with a max Focus equipped, the knockdown is there but the skill itself seems to have a ridiculously small radius. Pretty much stays off my loadout.

Turbulence is a mixed bag for me. I like having light green as my signature energy color, but it really screws with vision when the skill is activated. For all colors actually - including black (which turns up as a light grey for some odd reason). I hadn't used the skill before the last hotfix so I can't really compare it to how it was before then, but it must have been horrible. That being said, it's a really nice shield - not ridiculously overpowered, but deflects just enough stuff to keep you alive. Just wish i could see clearly when activated. Until it gets clearer, it's off my loadout.

Tornado is another great skill. It has a nice amount of CC that'll probably end up being useful in higher levels. The damage over time that it does pretty nice as well, especially when you take into consideration that you can change its element by shooting at it. Which brings me to my one problem with it. Why the hell is it dealing magnetic damage when I'm not host? It also refuses to turn into a different element when shot at by elemental powerhouses like the Grakata and Tysis. It's a pretty annoying bug that I hope is fixed soon. I was under the impression that it would have a base damage type of Slash, and add on whatever element it applied to it. It's always on my loadout, flinging mobs all over the map is pretty hilarious.

Edited by Raptscallion

I don't mean to be the guy but https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174109-zephyr-feedback/

This is almost identical but was posted before yours. It's cool that you want to help out the Warframe community but you should really check the forums beforehand. You may as well have just copy and pasted.

Edited by Sparky89