Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Melee Weapons

PaperTofu

More specifically, dual heat swords vs. dual skana.

According to the wiki dual heat has 150 charge dmg and skana only has 100, although I've heard some people say the numbers on DH is off. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks.

Side note, how's furax?

Forgot to clarify: only talking about charge attacks, not basic.

Edited by Fapgasmic

Base damage, dual zorens can outpace them with crits.

isnt crit % increase broken atm? and didnt they lower zoren's crit damage and base damage by a load?add the "sometimes charge when pressing e" bug kinda makes my dual zorens ... lame.

The numbers aren't off.

Furax has the highest dps in game, melee wise.

They count as light and cna't stagger though, right?

Personally I love my Dual Skana--- thoguh If Dual Heat is better in every way, I guess I should go that.

Edited by WhiteCopain

isnt crit % increase broken atm? and didnt they lower zoren's crit damage and base damage by a load?add the "sometimes charge when pressing e" bug kinda makes my dual zorens ... lame.

I'm critting and killing just fine.

Few things. One, calm the balls down with bumping. Your topic isn't going to be buried in a few short hours holy crap. Two, if you're going to ask specific questions for your personal interest leave it in the Players Helping Players section, this topic isn't suitable for actual discussion since you're.. just asking specific questions about how some weapons work. Third, for the love of god try not to doublepost.

OT: To answer scatted questions.

@xenapan They didn't change the Zorens at all, to my knowledge. Look at the 7.X Weapon Rebalancing thread in Updates. You're probably just not used to the actual base/crit rate/damage since we don't have the upgrade nodes anymore. And the bug was apparently fixed with mashing E and having a charge attack instead.

@WhiteCopain The Heats are basically like the Dual Skanas but better in every way. Seems sort of fitting since you can straight up buy the Skanas and have to craft the Heatswords.

@Fapgasmic Wiki is correct, both have the same charge damage. You may think otherwise because the Furax has innate armor piercing damage, so they're super good against the Grineer. Actually, take this list instead.

DHS vs Furax

+Charge Attack hits up to 3 at once

+Blade damage bonus against Infested (3x base+charge damage)

+Charge attack hits roughly 150 degree cone in front of you

+Better reach

-No Armor Piercing

-Slower charge rate

-Slower swing speed/fire rate

Furax vs DHS

+Highest DPS in game

+Quick strikes, charged or not

+Really good charge damage/speed

+Innate armor piercing

+Useful Jump attack, good AoE

(+Punch things into pieces)

-Super short range, you need to be practically running into your enemies straight on to land hits

-Not as good against standard Infested/Corpus. Still wrecks Ancients though.

Also, the Furax are regarded in-game as two-handed but mechanically work as one-handed.

No. It ignores the special armor the Ancients have but not the standard armor akin to Grineer.

And it wouldn't hurt to acknowledge that you should start future topics similar to this in the proper section.

Edited by WupwupTCR