Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Status Nerf Was Completely Unnecessary, De

Boondorl

So recently they "buffed" the status chance of Hek and Tigris up to 25%. I guess they forgot to let it slip that they completely changed the way it's calculated, though. Instead, they decided to stealth nerf status on every shotgun.

Originally, it was calculated per pellet. This meant that a 15% status chance was 15% per pellet for each pellet to have a proc. Now, it's calculated by total of all pellets hitting. So, what does that mean for shotguns? Well let's take a look at Tigris, originally 15% status, now 25%. But wait, it only shoots 4 pellets. That means 25/4, or...

6.25% chance per pellet. The Hek has even more pellets, making that number lower at a whopping 3.6% chance per pellet.

Yes, this means you currently have a 25% chance for one pellet to proc if all pellets land.

Seriously, DE? This was a straight up nerf. Why do you lie to everyone like this? If you're going to nerf already terrible weapons into the ground, you might as well just say it. It's only going to cause more outrage when people do realize how badly you nerfed them. Now most of the burst shotguns (which are bad due to enemy scaling) don't even have their CC possibilities (RIP blast builds). This removes lots of end game potential from every shotgun.

Please revert these changes and give the Tigris and Hek an actual 25% status chance. You've already nerfed all shotgun ranges into oblivion, you don't need to nerf their CC as well.

To be fair, in tho beginning, shotgun range needed to be nerfed, since they were better than in sniper in the game.

Now, as fro status, lower status, but make it per pellet. EX: 15% per pellet is good, it makes shotguns unique, and have something that can compensate for poor range.

To be fair, in tho beginning, shotgun range needed to be nerfed, since they were better than in sniper in the game.

Correction: The Hek needed to be nerfed. I don't think anyone was complaining about Boar and Strun shotgun sniping. Easier solution: increasing spread on the Hek. Not to mention it was the highest mastery rank weapon in the game at the time, which seems to be DE's justification for leaving things OP now (See: Soma with 3.0x base multiplier, guaranteed crits, and 100 shots; Penta). Plus every old weapon has gotten buffed now except for shotguns, which still remain largely useless because they gave it the old Call of Duty treatment, with some of them actually getting nerfed.

Now, as fro status, lower status, but make it per pellet. EX: 15% per pellet is good, it makes shotguns unique, and have something that can compensate for poor range.

And it was fine like this. Now they've nerfed it hard, making the shotguns, especially the burst shotguns, even less useful.

Edited by Boondorl

It's not just shotguns tho, continuous weapons also suffer horrifically from their changes to status chance lately. A 25% chance to cause a status proc for ONE FULL SECOND of firing is a bloody joke. 

They really need to stop nerfing status chance across the board, it does not feel good. 

proof?

Proof is go shoot something with a shotgun that has 80%+ chance listed (boar prime) to proc on it and watch it proc a couple of times per mission if you're lucky.

The way it is currently calculated is status chance/number of pellets and you only have the listed status chance if all pellets hit the target.  Base 10% status chance and 10 pellets? Each pellet has 1% chance to proc. It is very, very saddening to use a shotgun now, specially for me since I slapped 5 formas and catalysts on Sobek, Boar Prime, Drakgoon and Bronco Prime...  This change also includes the Brakk, Detron, Bronco, Akbronco, Bronco Prime and any other shotgun style secondaries I might have missed.

There is another topic where we're discussing this very thing here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173448-shotguns-and-proc-chances-in-the-post-u12-era/

It's not just shotguns tho, continuous weapons also suffer horrifically from their changes to status chance lately. A 25% chance to cause a status proc for ONE FULL SECOND of firing is a bloody joke. 

They really need to stop nerfing status chance across the board, it does not feel good. 

Yep. Since it's locked per second and doesn't seem affected by fire rate mods, using fire rate mods actually decreases your proc chance per shot.

In their description of the change they said it was to increase the proc chance of low proc continuous weapons. I think its hilarious that DE decides to chance EVERY continuous weapon rather than just buff the low proc chance weapons they were referring too.

DE needs to learn that nerfing feels like they're taking something from us. Stealing from our time,effort and love we put into those items.

Edited by Ribboz

SlyBoots, you realize the Tigris has 8 pellets with 100% multishot and the Akmagnus only has 2, right? That means the Tigris has a ~5.5% chance per pellet to proc, while the Akmagnus has a 21.85% chance. And here's the thing: just because the combined proc chance of all bullets on the gun is a certain number, that doesn't mean you actually have that % chance per shot to proc. Roll 8 20-sided dice at the same time, repeatedly, and record how many 1's you get. after doing that 100 times, and divide 800 (the number of dice you rolled) by the number of 1's you got, and then you'll have a slightly more accurate idea of what your real proc chance per shot is. But only somewhat. You'd probably need to do this 500 times and divide that number of 1's landed into 4000 to get an actually accurate chance to proc for the Tigris.

If you wanna do this experiment on the Akmagnus, then make a mark for every time the result is 1-5. 

If I can't hit beyond spitting distance, at least let me hit harder than all hell within that distance.

Low magazine size compared to most other weapons, high reload speeds for magazine size on a lot of them, damage falloff makes them do no damage if the enemy is 10 feet in front of you, unnecessarily large spread on many when combined with the damage falloff means you have to be up close to dangerous enemies to actually do damage making them way riskier to use than other weapons and now they can't even kill threats fast with procs despite having to be in their face to be any good. Now that's what I call balance!