The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jackal (Venus Boss) Is Pretty Broken Atm

MagpieOAO

From his little shuffling steps, to his spammy stomp which can be easily avoided if you know how but otherwise make those not in the know unable to melee, to his missiles that do nothing and his plasma charges that instagib. A lot wrong with this boss.

Animation/Melee attack:

For some reason when moving he tends to shuffle his legs along a bit at a time, not using full range of motion, which looks extremely ackward.

He always stomps with his right arm, which makes it easy to exploit if you simply hide slightly behind a pilliar. You can literally charge attack his arm and run back behind the pillar until he drops.

Missiles and plasma charges:

I only noticed the missiles due to the very odd noise they make when firing, but had to look directly up to see them. His missiles seem to home towards you, but staying at the ceiling of the room, so they end up zig-zagging around over your head near the roof.

The plasma charges fire quickly, blanket an area, and can easily instagib you. It's the only thing that makes this boss dangerous, and is very unfair in the way it is implemented. Basically incredibly easy to avoid if you hear it coming and can move, or impossible to avoid if he knocks you down first. It should have some sort of "tell" before he does the attack, and maybe tweak the spread/damage a bit so it covers a larger area but does less damage with each.

Rhino droppings?

Killed him 4 or 5 times now, a couple times with a friend, and haven't seen any armor bits for rhino which supposedly drop for him. Wouldn't be surprised if this was jacked currently as well...but then I could simply be getting unlucky/underestimating the grind.

Unstoppable

Only happened once, but what a time it was. With a 4 man team we destroyed his legs and arms, but he NEVER went down! The host left and once I re-loaded (solo) I was able to damage his legs and body as normal.

Edited by Kriegson

Still dont know who kills me there one shot with full everything, done him alot but this still not clear, i dont see any missiles or something flying on me, most of time this happens at his first hits, just a lottery.

It's jackal, he fires a bunch of faintly glowing blue cylinders onto the floor, that then explode into a large blue ball of flame. If you aren't seeing it, might be a graphical issue.

Still dont know who kills me there one shot with full everything, done him alot but this still not clear, i dont see any missiles or something flying on me, most of time this happens at his first hits, just a lottery.

You'll hear a really bassy 'thump' when he uses his only really damaging move, and then a crescent of what look like credits will appear infront of him. If you are near them, you will die. Takes a bit to get used to/dodge them properly