The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improve Infected behavior

Boffosaurus

I admit to only having played one mission with infected, so perhaps they become more challenging and varied later on but in the first Venus mission I played I wasn't particularly impressed. I like the idea of melee focus/denying enemies, since using melee is such a powerhouse option in this game it's really cool to have to switch it up ... switching it up to running away and shooting or just standing on a box.

I'd like to see Infected be able to catch up with the player more easily, make us use the terrain to escape them. I'd also like to see them be able to jump. I was able to stand on a crate and take out a crowd of them with easy (a good opportunity to level my pistol) in fact. When I wasn't doing that, I was, in no real panic, running away from them, letting them chase me as I lead them around the zone taking them out one by one.

They have the horde on their side, but it'd be nice to see them with a few more tools to catch up wiley players such as I.

If not jumping and some form of limited dashing (not every single one should be able to run down the player) then some form of movement denial. A vomiting Infected that shoots slowing projectiles or creates slowing areas of bile.

I dunno, you guys can probably come up with something cooler than me.

The leaper is the guy who jumps, he's kinda like the hunter of L4D without pinning you down to the ground.

And then there are the ancients.

The ancients are the tough guys of the infested.

An example would be the ancient disruptor, which basically EMPs your suit, knocking out powers and shield.

They just got a pretty significant buff. Ancients used to just shuffle around slowly instead of charging you and the runners, chargers and leapers spawned in fewer numbers. As it is, they get a little more challenging when you first encounter ancients, but I think they could still do with some tweaking. If the high speed enemies did more damage, you might get in more trouble.

They can be quite a problem if alot of the ones that explode are bunched up with others and catch up to you, if one explodes near you, you will fumble around due to the impact helpless and the other will explode in sequence as they come making you basically stunlocked while the other bash you to death. It's a pretty specific scenario but... they can be quite a problem that way, and considering sometimes you are in a tight room then they become a problem.

The new aggressive ancients make the infected challenging. I kid you not, I had deal with like 15 ancient disruptors. It was like the game really didn't want me to finish the level. :p

Warframe2013-01-0523-12-59-40_zps155d14e1.jpg

Edited by MEsoJD