Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Added Functionality For Throwable Melee Weapons.

Kaius-211

With the advent of Melee 2.0 on the horizon, it seems like melee combat is slated to get a lot more dynamic and interactive. When you think about the throwing weapons (Glaive/Prime, Kestrel), it doesn't seem like there's all that much you could do for them, considering that they already possess an auxiliary (which is arguably their MAIN) function that sets them apart from the other melee weapons. For all I know, this could already be planned for M2.0, but if not, I'd like to propose:

The Power Throw.

I'm not referring to the mod, but rather to the function given to the Glaive in Warframe's predecessor, darkSector. For those who did not play darkSector, the mechanics are simple: holding the melee button down begins the charge as normal. However, the weapon is not thrown until the button is released. Furthermore, upon charging, a pair of identical symbols begin rotating around your reticle in opposite directions. When they overlap, they turn red, and if the melee button is released during this short timeframe, the power throw is performed. The properties of a power throw in darkSector were a physical confirmation in the form of a yellow trail, faster flight speed, and more damage. Granted, some of these properties might invalidate a couple of mods, but I don't see why that's a bad thing. More room to add damage or utility mods while replacing the function of mods like Whirlwind with a more skill-based mechanic.

I realize that I'm probably not the first person to suggest this, but it always seemed near-blasphemous that this wasn't already a function, considering it was one of the most gratifying mechanics to master in Warframe's parent title.