Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bows In U12

Redlove108

Yes it is part of the player's responsibility to learn how to shoot. I get that, but do I have to really aim that far off my damn reticule to hit a target only 20? 30m away?

It's called leading the target.  It's what people do IRL with all weapons, and you have to do it in Warframe with any weapon whose projectile has a flight time.

I just want to point out one thing.  The damage difference between an unranked bow and a maxed bow is enormous now, on par with other crit-reliant weapons like soma or synapse.  It sounded like you're not investing much in the way of catalysts or formas, so it may not have been obvious.

Otherwise, you've pretty much identified the reasons to use hit-scan weapons over projectile weapons like bows.  I don't disagree with your arguments.  Bows aren't for everyone.  They're probably not for you.

It's called leading the target.  It's what people do IRL with all weapons, and you have to do it in Warframe with any weapon whose projectile has a flight time.

I know about leading the target. Let's not assume here that I'm some noob gamer here. I've been playing games since I was a kid. I'm now 30, I know how to play games. I know how to lead targets. It's just rather difficult with warframe. It's not like we got huge aiming sights with little incremental markings to help with aiming. It's just a glowing circle and a dot in the middle which can be disorienting by itself.

These bows are probably for you sniper types out there from other games. If you can master this bow and hit targets, then you can certain shot a sniper in any other game because grineer and corpus are so twitchy they might as well be real people.