The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hej!

(PSN)OregonViking

Hello everyone. I am just starting the game, however this is my second PS4/Warframe account as I deleted other PSN account. Previously I had leveled a Loki to 30 at a terrible pace, couldn't figure out why I couldn't seem to progress passed a certain point because I couldn't do enough damage. I was essentially rushed to Pluto just by being able to run through levels & avoid enemies. I couldn't kill anything effeciently about halfway there. I actually got my Rhino built but never even leveled it past the first few levels. I got tired of it & didn't play for a month. A few days ago, I got the itch to come back & play it with a new Warframe from the beginning. This time, I was going to do it right. This time I was going to do the research to ensure a high rate of success.

So I spent a few hours on the internet machine. Traveling through wiki pages & forum content. Figuring out how I would be able to avoid the pitfalls of my last attempts. The first problem was lack of damage & problems with armored targets like Heavy Grineer. I instantly fell in love with Mag the first time I saw that beauty do a Pull & Crush move while I was a low level Loki in Mars. My oh my. A force of destruction I had never seen before, raw power. It just so happened to be against the Corpus who I was struggling mightily against as I was attempting to get a Rhino Warframe at the time & needed Morphics. The Corpus who frequently have the rarest parts in terms of building machinery. It donned on me then that if I want to get a quick start on building in the foundry, Mag is my best bet not only for that but the lack of damage I had on my first run through. It took me about 4 weeks it took me to compile my 2nd warframe Rhino!

After all the research. I beleive I have found my way to the promised land. My Mag will be inherently strong against Corpus, the magnetic forces crushes their shield armor. That should allow me to gather resources for the foundry at a respectable pace in the event that I can't find solid team mates to play with. That leaves me with Grineer & Infested. Who when it come to physical attacks, the Grineer are weakest to puncture damage while Infested are killed easily by slash damage(For those without Mag, Impact damage is required against Corpus). Also, I now learn that to destroy heavy Grineer & bosses with Alloy(which I discovered is the yellow bar of armor)/Ferrite armor(blue bar which Warframes also have) you need a mix of Radiation first(to break through the alloy quickly) & Corrosive(to break through ferrite quickly).

Everything seems to be making sense now. 

Grineer: Weak to Puncture Damage as their heavy armor must be penetrated, Radiation & Corrosive will help aid destroy armor quickly. Avoid magnetic as they are 50% immune to it. 

Infested: Weak to Slash damage as they have no armor. Weak to the gas element(Heat + Toxin) while Corrosive works best for Ancients. Avoid Radiation & Viral as it is weak vs them. 

Corpus: Weak to impact damage as it will crush them in their suits. Magnetic damage & electricity. 

With that in mind, I now know what I did wrong. My first weapon I bought after saving up was a Strun Shotgun. Terrible gun for a beginner. Dealing impact damage I would have issues with Grineer & Infested. My other issue was sticking with my MK-1 Braton until level 30 without having other option, as the Slash damage is weak against anything besides infected. Same goes for my sword. My secondary weapon was a Lex but its rate of fire was just to slow as I didn't find the required mods.

So, since the big issue I had last time was high level Grineer I knew I had to make a build specifically to eliminate them. This time around for a primary gun I am going with the Latron semi-auto rifle. It already had higher puncture damage than the Boltor but I insisted on being crazy and reading the update logs since the PS4 has been updated. To my delight they gave the Latron even more puncture damage & that sealed it as my first in game foundry item to build. Ready to crush some Grineer scum, even more so once the PS4  gets the update. Looking for a melee weapon I was surprised to see the Jaw Sword I had built on my Loki was actually the best in terms of impact damage, which makes me a bit sad. Hopefully I'll find another one in an alert mission, getting sick of the basic blade already haha. Thinking about a Heat Dagger. Now finally the secondary weapon. I'm thinking I'll level up the Lato as far as possible until I can get to Mastery Rank 2 so I can get the Kunai & try to build an AKBolto(Puncture FTW).

I've also took the time to build eventual Corpus & Infested based builds for younger Warframes w/out clan dojo access. For funs I'll post it. Mod items with elements that the enemies are weak against.

Corpus(impact damage):

Melee: Amphis staff or Magistar Mace.

Primary: Cernos Bow

Secondary: AKBronco

Infested(Slash):

Melee: Dual Kamas

Primary: Drakgoon

Secondary: Seer or AKVasto

Any tips or suggestions for different items please let me know! Would love to know that I'm on the right track. Hoping to eventually have 3 effective build for each respective faction. Looking forward to truly enjoying the deeper content of the game instead of the agony I experienced. Thinking hard about buying the What Stalker? bundle ! :) So far I have around 3 hours logged & am loving the game again. I have spent the majority of time soloing mid way through earth. Currently 20 missions complete with 1 abort, far more successful than my last attempt. Looking forward to building another Warframe, I think I will go with Saryn, sticking with the powerful females :) Thanks for the amazing game DE!

PS: Hej is Danish for Hello ! Anyone looking for a (temporary ;) noob friend to play some Warframe with on PS4 holler at me! Good luck Tenno.

Edited by (PS4)OregonViking

Hello. Want to hear something funny? i didnt do any research and my very first class in warframe ever(excalibur) turned out to be kinda miracle multi-tasker. Weapons what i used were burston, bolto and corus. Melee was weak, but other wise i didnt had any problems with it. Also in case people missed it, im new in the warframe i started playing it like 2weeks ago.

Hello. Want to hear something funny? i didnt do any research and my very first class in warframe ever(excalibur) turned out to be kinda miracle multi-tasker. Weapons what i used were burston, bolto and corus. Melee was weak, but other wise i didnt had any problems with it. Also in case people missed it, im new in the warframe i started playing it like 2weeks ago.

If you want add me I wouldn't mine someone to play with while farming materials, that is what I'm doing right now. Hope the write up of it helped you understand the more advanced aspects of the damage in Warframe! Level 15 about 7 hours total play time, level 20 MK1 Braton, real sick of it hahah. Need some plastids bad. 

Edited by (PS4)OregonViking

If you want add me I wouldn't mine someone to play with while farming materials, that is what I'm doing right now. Hope the write up of it helped you understand the more advanced aspects of the damage in Warframe! Level 15 about 7 hours total play time, level 20 MK1 Braton, real sick of it hahah. Need some plastids bad. 

I will add you later, havent been forums for little while so i missed your comment. I would also need some company when farming