Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Door Key/Data Key

Japanapa

Not sure if someone has already posted about this, but the data key thing where you have to go find a key to open a door is SUPER repetitive and annoying in my opinion and not only that, the game does it like every mission. I'd much rather just have a longer level than have to back track all the way to where I started just to get some key that didn't exist there in the first place. I dunno just my feedback, maybe some people like this mechanic, although personally I just feel it's very tedious.

The back tracking does get old. I'm fine with the mechanic being usd, it just needs to be used a lot less. We should pretty much always be making progress and not back tracking constantly, as this disrupts the flow and pacing of the game and really takes you out of the action.

I've had issues with the key not spawning and I'd have to abandon the level as well. Anyone else having that issue?

I had the same problem on "V prime" and "Fossa". I get to the door and it gets locked then it says to go look for the key, then purple lady (i dont know her name) marks a waypoint on my map, i go and look for it and my waypoint disappers and there is no key, then i go back to the door that is locked and i can not open it.

The "Go look for the key" gets a little boring. It would be cool to add some new kind of thing like "They locked the door. You need to get through the ventilation." or "They locked the door. You can't get through it, because it is too thick. Plant a bomb and wait for it to charge up."

With the ventilation scenario it is cool because you can make a surprise attack on the enemy. And with the bomb scenario, you have to protect the bomb from waves of enemies while the bomb is charging up.

I had the same problem on "V prime" and "Fossa". I get to the door and it gets locked then it says to go look for the key, then purple lady (i dont know her name) marks a waypoint on my map, i go and look for it and my waypoint disappers and there is no key, then i go back to the door that is locked and i can not open it.

The "Go look for the key" gets a little boring. It would be cool to add some new kind of thing like "They locked the door. You need to get through the ventilation." or "They locked the door. You can't get through it, because it is too thick. Plant a bomb and wait for it to charge up."

With the ventilation scenario it is cool because you can make a surprise attack on the enemy. And with the bomb scenario, you have to protect the bomb from waves of enemies while the bomb is charging up.

Those are really nice ideas!