The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speeding Up The Fusion Ui

3Jane

At the moment one of the major issues I have with the fusion process is that it is so slow that often times between missions you are spending minutes at a time just trying to fuse a handful of mods.

Obviously I'm sure the DE guys are more than aware of this issue as a whole, however I just wanted to mention a few of my own priority details:

1. Unequipping mods to be able to upgrade them

The biggest issue hands down is being unable to upgrade mods directly from your warframe/weapon mod screen, combined with being unable to view the mods in the list that are already in use.

The way I see it, until you are literally flooded with mods later in the game, you want to look at your warframe, check to see if you have enough duplicates to quickly upgrade them and then immediately fuse them if your points allows it.

Unfortunately this is what happens when you see a mod you want to upgrade:

Unequip>Apply>Yes>Mods>Name>Scroll>Select>Fusion>Scroll>Select>Apply Fusion>Escape/back>Warframe/weapon mods>Equip again

Seriously? Look at how many clicks or actions I have to do to fuse one single mod. You get used to it, you get faster but its still tedious and takes long enough to make you feel like you are doing more modding that actual playing. It needs to be sped up a lot and fusing directly from the warframe/weapon mod screen would really help. I.e

Select Mod>Scroll to fusing duplicate>Shift click (a single or multiple mods) or click new Fusion button>Yes/Cancel ... done.

I know that when money becomes more of a concern (higher mod levels) this won't be as useful, but for the majority of the time you are going to use duplicates for at least the first 2 or 3 levels if you are clever/patient enough to realise that this is far and away the most efficient use of duplicates.

2. Tiny text, left right and awkard buttons

I've got a 24" screen in 1920x1080, on my screen the PREVIOUS 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT buttons are all extremely small, so much so that it feels like I'm having to be all most pixel precise everytime you want to change page.

I understand that there is an economy of screen space going on here but the whole interface takes up only half of my screen making these painful to select repeatedly. Also I understand that the tiny text helps neaten everything up and unify the UI but when its a button/text you need to press its taking things too far for a clean look at the detriment of usability.

That said one immediate solution is to enable the left and right arrows to scroll the mod screens. Up and down for first and last pages (or possibly for switching between viewing modes - option to change this).

Secondly the Viewing mode or Tab text is so buggy its difficult to select the correct tab without memorising that you need to put your cursor in a certain position to get it to work. It seems to only work about 50% of the time because really when are you 100% accurate ? (i.e on my screen I have to have it over the "E" in "NAME", anywhere else selects the wrong tab). A simple fix, these are relatively decent sized buttons, its just they don't work properly.

3. Viewing modes / Tabs

I don't know about anyone else but while the RECENT tab is quite useful, but normally I will prefer to be using the NAME Tab because the other tabs are too annoying to memorise (who can remember what rarity/rating every mod in the game is?), can I set that to the default? No.. why not?

I would also like DUPLICATES***, POWERS, WEAPON, SENTINEL tabs. If there is not enough room for these tabs then allow the user to define which they would like to be used and in what order. If you move the Tabs section below the previous/next one then it can go across much more of the screen, making it much more useful.

If its done right I'd even spend platinum on tabs to be honest, if I can tag favourites or more mods into folders.

Perhaps use colour tabs, a premium purchase to make your life easier/simpler for those that are inclined to organise their 100's of mods.

Hats off for the recent update, personally I am enjoying it.

Theres plenty more room for improvement though, I do really like what has been achieved so far by the guys n girls on the UI!

EDIT: Also... SEARCH.

Edited by 3Jane