The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*glitch Feedback* Permanent Fall Through Map

bratley18

I was messing around as Loki trying to find some interesting defensive positions in Kiliken on Venus, when all of a sudden I fell through the map when I switch teleported. I then began to test this out in other maps and found that if you switch teleport with a target hugging a wall, you have about a 10% chance to fall through the wall. However, if one body part of the target is glitching through the wall or if there is a jagged wall they are hugging, then there is a 75% chance you will glitch into that wall. Most often it says the error message that you can't teleport due to an obstruction, but if the target is already glitching somewhat then that error message disappears and you go straight through. If it is a map boundary you will fall into nothingness permanently, and if it is just an interior map wall you will either fall permanently or you will fall and be reset inside another wall. With that being said, it is possible to walk through the walls should you be inside them so you can go back to the action. I would suggest fixing the colliders on map boundaries (The easiest ones to glitch) or making a second invisible wall about half the distance of an avatar stride to avoid falling. It seems that the floor is not a seperate entity in some maps because it does not extend underneath the interior walls. You could easily just throw floor under there to stop the falling, but then you might have many players exploiting glitches. In other games I have worked on, we set a boundary line at the bottom of the map that when you fall through it in a "permfall" you die, but in this case I would program that to just do a simple avatar reset near the squad, at the spawn location for new arrivals, or "x" distance from the top of the nearest floor entity. Thanks for taking time to read my feedback!

P.S. I made this real quick so I didn't even check if the devs look at this forum for feedback. If they don't can someone let me know so I can shoot an email? I would hate to aid in the spamming of emails unless I truly needed to.

Yes, this is quite well known. Unfortunately, the Decoy is quite broken at the moment. It needs collision checks against the walls and then move it towards the casting player by 0.5m if there is a wall or other obstruction. Other than that, there are a few holes in the levels, courtesy of the overworked Mapping Team (<3) and if you find any, please be sure to screenshot them and record them in this subforum :3