Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bronco Prime

MCT360

i don't know how the status proc works post-12, but before it seemed to be per pellet, which when you did the calculations came as a 17.35% chance of triggering a status effect on at least one pellet.

7*2.5=17.5% for one pellet this would make the current Status chance a nerf if true that i need to hit all 7 pellets to get 17.5%

lol actually it's a nerf. now it's 17.35% for 1 of the 7 pellets to trigger, before it was 2.5% for each pellet, 2.5% x 7 = 17.5%

talk about balance....

Wait? wouldnt this make it a buff

7 pellets proc 2.5% each

7 pellets 1 needed to proc / 17,5%

i mean if you want to hit all pellets in one shot you need to be very close to your target, So...i can't say that i dislike this nerf/buff

but who is right here?

7*2.5=17.5% for one pellet this would make the current Status chance a nerf if true that i need to hit all 7 pellets to get 17.5%

Wait? wouldnt this make it a buff

7 pellets proc 2.5% each

7 pellets 1 needed to proc / 17,5%

i mean if you want to hit all pellets in one shot you need to be very close to your target, So...i can't say that i dislike this nerf/buff

but who is right here?

i took for good the other guy saying it was the status chance now is 17.35 while it's 17.5. the gun was completely left untouched, what changed is the way the arsenal shows it. for almost all other shotguns it was a substantial nerf tho. 

For shotguns, brakk, detron and the bronco family of pistols the listed status chance used to apply to each pellet individually which is why you'd shoot something and you would light it with status effects (this was useful for viral, corrosive and magnetic stacking but they were changed to not stack anymore recently but it wasn't listed in any patch notes, RIP Grakata).  Currently it is the displayed as if it was per shot (looks like it's displayed as pellet base status x number of pellets which is ...yeah...) like with other guns but in actually gameplay the status chance functions as status chance/number of pellets so each pellet individually has 2.5% chance.  The problem with this is that since each pellet's status chance is calculated individually few actually procs per shot now.  I went ~200 kills on my Drakgoon with no procs despite it being listed as 31% status chance.  Boar Prime at listed at 84% status chance gives me like 2-3 procs per 100+ kills on a good run.

You can do some interesting stuff like calculating the probability of every single pellet that hits giving you a proc and you'll be left with some depressingly small numbers. 

In short, DE messed up their math somewhere or they intended for most shotguns to be useless past level 40 (when applying procs to dangerous enemies starts to matter, specially if you're up close like you normally would be with a shotgun due to falloff damage and spread) so this is still a nerf unfortunately. Phage is an exception since it doesn't function like a shotgun even though it uses shotgun mods, the status chance for that is per second like with all continuous firing weapons.

Oh and my loadout is Drakgoon/Boar Prime with Bronco Prime.  I love shotguns but DE crippled my fun. I'd be perfectly okay with some sort of middle ground option.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173448-shotguns-and-proc-chances-in-the-post-u12-era/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/180217-shotgun-proc/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/177656-shotgun-status-nerf-was-completely-unnecessary-de/

Edited by jinsaotomex4