The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Location Idea: Derelict City

Demographics

I always thought the environments for Warframe could be a little less shiny and a little more dark and spooky, even the Corpus areas which look a bit too playful in design to really capture the idea of creepy megacorporate empire-states.

But that aside, I think a really neat area for the devs to explore, which would also really offer a multitude of creative areas for gameplay purposes, would be the idea of an ancient mega-city at night. You could really design it any number of ways, but I picture it at night, with lots of pale streetlights, concrete, and looming buildings ahead; as well as alleys, streets, courtyards, and second/third/etc story areas to reach and climb up to. It'd really cater, in that way, to some of the new ninja-running features, as well as offer a more complex environment to do battle in.

I'd recommend the devs check out a game called EYE: Divine Cybermancy for inspiration; some of those levels capture the feel really well and in spite of its very homemade nature, the levels were very well designed for the kind of gameplay which took place inside them (which although different, bears a few similarities to Warframe's core gameplay ideas). Whenever they did a city in that game, it was kind of goofy, but also dark, oppressive, and unsettling; seems like it'd fit Warframe's universe fairly well, certainly a little more than the Corpus Ship environment.

I think the next one probably going to be Infest tile. We got Grineer Asteroid base with update6. Corpus outpost in update7. Perhaps a next one probably going to be a 'derilict Orokin ship' that J-Golem 13 currently infesting.

City...I'm not sure about that but DE certanly know how to make map. Could be good.

I would like to see derelict/ruin city, could be interesting. The more open maps, the better imo, though we could also use some tweaks to existing indoor station maps to have more, larger windows with more interesting views. IE the planet or moon we happen to be orbiting or near.