Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"tepes" Warframe Idea (Necromancer)

Agonhath

The Tepes [teh-PESH] will be a necromancer class of WF, he has the ability to revive dead enemies to fight for him,

and can summon creatures to aid him and his teammates. His attack style will be mostly mid to close-range.

Abilities:

1. Arise: Revives a dead enemy with nanomachines to fight along side of Tepes for a set period, or until the unit is killed.

2. Conjure: Creates a semi holographic/nanomechanical War Machine to buff Shaman and team, and debuff the enemy.

War Machine lasts for a set period or until it is slain.

3. Reap: Drains an enemies life force with nanomachines and transfers them to Tepes, healing him.

4. Deathscythe: Has a 15% chance to halve enemy health. Value decreases when used repeatedly on the affected enemy.

Alright, here's the necromage/vampire/whatever class. Feel free to give critiques, comments, suggestions.

Edited by Agonhath

still op ^^

remindes me of Yojimbo in Final Fantasy X.. Killing Sin ( the final boss ) with 1 hit.. >_>

All of my nostalgia...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/24/final-fantasy-xx-2-hd-remaster-trailer-leaks-out-ahead-of-schedule/

I don't really like the design for this frame idea. Feels like it's trying to be an OP mixture of Nyx and Trinity. I do like anything having to do with darkness and shadow-powers (or what have you), but the mechanics you are suggesting just don't seem to fit. All my opinion of course.

A very valid point you make.

Yes, now thaat you think of it, Deathscythe does seen very OP. What if it had a 15% chance of taking away 50% of the opponents health instead, and every time it was used on the same enemy, the chance of hit and the % of health it took werte halved. So on the first hit it would look like this: 15% chance to hit for 50 % of opponents health > 5.25% chance to hit for 25% of enemy health >... and so on.

As for topics - Necro does not fit to the game concept

I don't think a necromancer would fit very well into the way the game is.

What? Why not? We have a bunch of zombies (Infested: Corpus and Grineer individuals infected/killed and reanimated? by the technovirus). We have a bunch of samurais and ninjas (Space samurais and space ninjas). We have Warframes with the power to create fire and ice. We have a Warframe that can "heal" herself and allies through ancient mythical and magical means (actually probably explained away as sucking enemy health/shield and redirecting to self/allies).

What's wrong with a Warframe that, through the use of nanomachines or the injection of complicated chemical compounds, possesses the dead bodies of enemies, and force them to aid the Tenno?

If you're stuck on the idea of "OH NOES!!! NO NECROMANCER IN SCIFI!!!" well... facepalm.

So people objections are not in the idea, but in the name only? Alright, it still doesnt change anything worthwhile to change the name, which is inconsequential. Mechanics are a far different story, my main point for creating these ideas is to get feedback on the mechanincs, because names can be changed in a heartbeat while the mechanics themselves take a bit more thought and planning.

What? Why not? We have a bunch of zombies (Infested: Corpus and Grineer individuals infected/killed and reanimated? by the technovirus). We have a bunch of samurais and ninjas (Space samurais and space ninjas). We have Warframes with the power to create fire and ice. We have a Warframe that can "heal" herself and allies through ancient mythical and magical means (actually probably explained away as sucking enemy health/shield and redirecting to self/allies).

What's wrong with a Warframe that, through the use of nanomachines or the injection of complicated chemical compounds, possesses the dead bodies of enemies, and force them to aid the Tenno?

If you're stuck on the idea of "OH NOES!!! NO NECROMANCER IN SCIFI!!!" well... facepalm.

The infested are not zombies, let's get that one through straight away: the infested are, well, think of the Flood from Halo or those weird tentacle things from Resident Evil 4 & 5 - a parasite that has attached itself to another creature and started to change/mutate it.

I think thats what he meant, most people just say 'zombie-things' when referring to that kind of stuff to make it simpler to understand. And yes, I am aware the infested are parasites.

Back to the topic, Tepes isn't "bringing the dead back to life" per se, he just uses nanomachines to reactivate dead muscle tissue, allowing him to control organic material, theres no rituals or spells involved, just science. It fits, you just have to think about it in a way that fits.

The infested are not zombies, let's get that one through straight away: the infested are, well, think of the Flood from Halo or those weird tentacle things from Resident Evil 4 & 5 - a parasite that has attached itself to another creature and started to change/mutate it.

I don't like to compare this great game to a mediocre, derivative shooter that just happened to catch the console market at a time when fps was starting to get popular on it. But if you must compared Infested to the Flood, well, the Flood is a lifeform that either kills a living organism then reanimates it, or reanimates a deceased organism; so, zombies. I don't know what the big deal is with people's refusal to utter the "Z word."

THE ENTIRE Resident Evil SERIES: Corpses or living organisms infested and mutated by viruses. ZOMBIES.

I see you guys have a hard time understanding this Warframe Necromancer theme... Its true that this a turn off for a Sci-fi mmo by using a fantasy theme to describe this warframe... if you want you could actually have this warframe be nest of Nanobots that actually can take control of destroyed technology or make them find any scrap and become a completely different weapon... and if the warframe is gonna have nanobots Id say he would look like he would have a hive on his back to house the the thousands upon thousands of nanos.

I don't like to compare this great game to a mediocre, derivative shooter that just happened to catch the console market at a time when fps was starting to get popular on it. But if you must compared Infested to the Flood, well, the Flood is a lifeform that either kills a living organism then reanimates it, or reanimates a deceased organism; so, zombies. I don't know what the big deal is with people's refusal to utter the "Z word."

THE ENTIRE Resident Evil SERIES: Corpses or living organisms infested and mutated by viruses. ZOMBIES.

Zombies are described as the UNDEAD. The Flood doesn't kill its victims that have been infected, unless the bodies were already dead. And anyways, the flood is the thing alive, not the body itself, if it IS using a body.

Plus, just because something's been mutated by a virus doesn't mean it's a zombie -_-

I see you guys have a hard time understanding this Warframe Necromancer theme... Its true that this a turn off for a Sci-fi mmo by using a fantasy theme to describe this warframe... if you want you could actually have this warframe be nest of Nanobots that actually can take control of destroyed technology or make them find any scrap and become a completely different weapon... and if the warframe is gonna have nanobots Id say he would look like he would have a hive on his back to house the the thousands upon thousands of nanos.

Ok, case closed.

On with Necromancer Warframe!

Also, let's face it: DE's going to run out of elemental abilities to attribute to new warframes. We have fire, ice, poison, sound so far. I suppose they can do wind or water next? They're eventually going to have to resort to "pet classes"... considering they already experimented with Nyx's Mind Control. It wouldn't be too strange to do a "reanimate dead" ability, which will be a slightly different Mind Control, kind of like Saryn's Moult being a slight different Loki Decoy.

Also, like the OP suggested, this class doesn't have to JUST RAISE THE DEAD. That's just one ability. Others can do direct damage. Still others can create constructs out of scraps to buff/debuff/fight/tank.