Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Allow The Leader Of A Party To Kick People Out(Even Mid-Game)

(PSN)alexgrig

As said, if i'm the host, i want to be able to initiate a voting to kick a person. On the ps4, the right d-pad isn't used for anything, so that could be the voting button, without pausing the game. As the host, if i want to kick X, i will pause, press triangle and select "KICK", then a prompt will appear and ask if u want to vote X to be kicked. X CANNOT VOTE, obviously, so only 3 people can vote. if 2 out of 3 vote, then u are INSTANTLY and loosing the mission complete bonus. ONLY the host can "kick" players. there is a 15 seconds timer to decide. if u don't vote, then it means u don't want the person to be kicked. Why do i want this feature? in case of d-bags spamming M Prime or Stomp NON-STOP. it's BEYOND annoying.

Don't play with Nova's / Rhino's then.

What is the problem with MP spamming , it has great use in survival type games as does stomp. These are abilities available to be played with, i see no reason why you should kick people for using what has been given to them.

Saying that, i do feel a vote kick needs to be there for AFK users or even an inactivity timer.

Saying that, i do feel a vote kick needs to be there for AFK users or even an inactivity timer.

this i agree with as there have been may times i have played with ppl and all they do is start the mission and find a spot and camp/afk there till mission ends and its even worse when there is only 2 of u in the mission and u get to a door u cant open becuz this dude is afk waiting for u to finish the mission. vote to kick would be good with host or others as well becuz host can be changed depending on who has the better connection 

There's a problem with both above suggestions. With inactivity timer, what if you get a message from someone and have to go to the cross media bar to reply or if you're in a squad you created and you have to deal with something in real life and need to hop up on a crate for a couple minutes to take care of it while your buddies "hold down the fort" on a 40+ minute survival mission? And for the vote-to-kick feature, what if you get in a game with a group of a-holes who want to kick you right at the last minute because you killed too many enemies and they didn't or it takes you 20 seconds to reach the extraction point instead of 15? Or hell, even like the OP who doesn't like what frame you choose to use or its abilities. I agree there needs to be some kind of system in place to not let the afk'ers mooch off of the legitimate players, but I have yet to hear of a solution that is fair...

The problem happens when I try to lvl my valkyr or nekros frame, and some douchebag with maxed gear LITERALLY waits for the wave of enemies to pop, waits to see me starts shooting, runs at me and rhino stomps, thus stealing ALL the kills. It's a problem. I had a match when a rhino ONLY used stomp. Me and 2 friends were using low lvl gear to lvl it up. So he comes with maxed rhino and stomps non stop. He/ she didn't even fired a single bullet. It is @(*()$ annoying. I only spam mp or the such when we do mission for the purpose of farming for items or money. To reduce time. Not when lvl-ing up. It's a annoying and #$&(% thing to do. This is why I loved vaubans vortex glitch. We had a A****** in survival who kept activating the damn life support RIGHT AS IT SPAWNED. Another dude spamming world on fire in really low lvl missions. Booted them off. Again, if u want to lvl up, the voting system would be a god sent. "Can u stop being a $&*^ and stealing kills?" If the stop, cool. If they start spamming it even more just to piss u off, then boot their &#! off.

There's a problem with both above suggestions. With inactivity timer, what if you get a message from someone and have to go to the cross media bar to reply or if you're in a squad you created and you have to deal with something in real life and need to hop up on a crate for a couple minutes to take care of it while your buddies "hold down the fort" on a 40+ minute survival mission? And for the vote-to-kick feature, what if you get in a game with a group of a-holes who want to kick you right at the last minute because you killed too many enemies and they didn't or it takes you 20 seconds to reach the extraction point instead of 15? Or hell, even like the OP who doesn't like what frame you choose to use or its abilities. I agree there needs to be some kind of system in place to not let the afk'ers mooch off of the legitimate players, but I have yet to hear of a solution that is fair...

Inactivity time would not be 5 minutes, it would probably more than that. However if you go to the cross media bar to reply to a message you are doing it wrong, focus on the game and then on your messages or simply don't join the game. I get tons of messages while I game, they can wait.

As for life stuff, I have a family with kids and if i have to do something I do it before or after the game and if something comes up while in a game, I simply leave.

The problem happens when I try to lvl my valkyr or nekros frame, and some douchebag with maxed gear LITERALLY waits for the wave of enemies to pop, waits to see me starts shooting, runs at me and rhino stomps, thus stealing ALL the kills. It's a problem. I had a match when a rhino ONLY used stomp. Me and 2 friends were using low lvl gear to lvl it up. So he comes with maxed rhino and stomps non stop. He/ she didn't even fired a single bullet. It is @(*()$ annoying. I only spam mp or the such when we do mission for the purpose of farming for items or money. To reduce time. Not when lvl-ing up. It's a annoying and #$&(% thing to do. This is why I loved vaubans vortex glitch. We had a A****** in survival who kept activating the damn life support RIGHT AS IT SPAWNED. Another dude spamming world on fire in really low lvl missions. Booted them off. Again, if u want to lvl up, the voting system would be a god sent. "Can u stop being a $&*^ and stealing kills?" If the stop, cool. If they start spamming it even more just to &!$$ u off, then boot their &#! off.

Don't play public games then. Play with friends only is what you should do. As for "stealing" kills, you sure you are playing the right game? This is a co op game ... not competitive ...

Edited by (PS4)Ew_Tux

Inactivity time would not be 5 minutes, it would probably more than that. However if you go to the cross media bar to reply to a message you are doing it wrong, focus on the game and then on your messages or simply don't join the game. I get tons of messages while I game, they can wait.

As for life stuff, I have a family with kids and if i have to do something I do it before or after the game and if something comes up while in a game, I simply leave.

5 minutes of inactivity I can get on board with. As for the messages, please explain to me how you can reply to messages without going to the cross media bar. Like you, I have real life responsibilities too, and what little time can be afforded to gaming is somewhat precious. Of course I'm going to handle whatever I need to do before I start a session. So you're telling me if you are farming a survival mission and looking for that ever-so-elusive reward and you're at the 38 minute mark and your kid spills a drink or something of that nature, you're going to abort your mission and forfeit whatever rewards you have already accumulated?

I think there would always be a down side to it.. Yes m prime can get annoying but at the same time even though their being a pain and sometimes purposely.. It's really not fair for a group of random people to take that guys xp and rewards away that he earned because he is taking all the kills. I know i would hate to be in a good game one day and some guys decide to boot me for whatever reason.. Maybe to let their buddy join or something.. Just don't seem like it would ever be fair.. Now maybe have the votng to boot someone after a mission just be able to boot them from the squad but never in game.

5 minutes of inactivity I can get on board with. As for the messages, please explain to me how you can reply to messages without going to the cross media bar. Like you, I have real life responsibilities too, and what little time can be afforded to gaming is somewhat precious. Of course I'm going to handle whatever I need to do before I start a session. So you're telling me if you are farming a survival mission and looking for that ever-so-elusive reward and you're at the 38 minute mark and your kid spills a drink or something of that nature, you're going to abort your mission and forfeit whatever rewards you have already accumulated?

"please explain to me how you can reply to messages without going to the cross media bar."

I simply don't, I wait until the game is over. Trust me, messages over the PSN network are not that important that they cannot wait.

"So you're telling me if you are farming a survival mission and looking for that ever-so-elusive reward and you're at the 38 minute mark and your kid spills a drink or something of that nature, you're going to abort your mission and forfeit whatever rewards you have already accumulated?"

Yes, it's called setting priorities and parenting. To be honest, survival drops are really not that great. If i see one more fecking Mag Prime bp or part ... -.-

Stuff does come up in certain games, hell when people let me know.. i will leash a lancer around the field and play peek-a-boo with him behind a crate until we are ready to continue the mission.

Though i have had some genuine people go afk on me (rare) and they make things difficult with friendship doors. I think it should be timer based, but when the timer is up, it then gives the option to kick them. So you cant just kick people to make room for a friend, but you dont have to deal with afk people.

I just imagine loopholes.. Someone evading to play an invasion mission may just move up a step before the timer starts and still not play. I just don't know. Maybe somelthing like i read on another post abot friendly fire. If inactive for so long allow allies to kill you but you can revive so the player still has a choice. If you don't revive in 10 sec your booted and makes room for a new player. Your either out or can spend a revive that way people can't just randomly boot you as long as you are playing but can rid of AFK players that aren't gonna be there to revive or waste the revive.

Yes, it's called setting priorities and parenting. To be honest, survival drops are really not that great. If i see one more fecking Mag Prime bp or part ... -.-

There's no need to be condescending in your responses. It's also a co-op game so like it or not, others are affected by your actions. If you leave at a critical time when the number of enemies spawned have accounted for you being in the game for example and you have left, the others have to pick up your slack. In some regards its the same as afk'ing. Rest assured if I come across you in the squad matchmaking, I will back out so I won't have to worry about you jumping ship mid-game. Respond if you like, but I'm going to take your "life lesson" on setting priorities and remove myself from this conversation

Who cares about kills? If someone is killing an enemy near me then I still gain xp to my frame and all my weapons, yes it means they get a higher number on the stats at the end but hey all their effort means less effort for you in leveling your gear. Yes, it does mean the xp you get is not as specific as if you killed them but xp is xp.

Personally, in my experience with MP games, AFK gets to be a serious pain in the arse. I suggest game inactivity results in a kick after 2/3 minutes. Sorry but if you're going to mess about with other things mid game then you shouldn't be playing, I don't like having my time wasted. If you lose the drops, well tough, that's the way it goes, I don't like to have to carry dead weight for more than 1/3 of the match.

However, if you're with friends, then setting the game to private or friends stops the timer kicking in at all. The idea being that they'd have the manners to tell you if they're going to have to leave for a minute. That I don't mind at all. This could apply to Clans as well possibly? It may not be as useful for bigger clans.

In addition allow someone to be kicked at the start mission screen where people's equipment is listed, I'm so tired of taking on defence missions and an excalibur drops in using a Mrk 1 Braton and proceeds to dies every 20 seconds through the whole game. I don't like the idea of stopping people from getting a taxi, but lower lvls taking slots on high lvl missions is annoying.  This is precisely what happened on Neptune to me, and then the guy went AFK. After 20 waves I just left, I suppose he failed the mission and got nothing when he died as he couldn't complete it without me. 

In addition allow someone to be kicked at the start mission screen where people's equipment is listed, I'm so tired of taking on defence missions and an excalibur drops in using a Mrk 1 Braton and proceeds to dies every 20 seconds through the whole game. I don't like the idea of stopping people from getting a taxi, but lower lvls taking slots on high lvl missions is annoying.  This is precisely what happened on Neptune to me, and then the guy went AFK. After 20 waves I just left, I suppose he failed the mission and got nothing when he died as he couldn't complete it without me. 

Disagree with this, a loadout does not indicate how a gamer plays. First of all , you cannot see the level of the frame on that screen, second, level of the frame means nothing. It could be forma'd several times, have an aura on it etc.

Although i do not play with excalibur , some people utilize him very well and should be no excuse for kicking some one. Again, if you don't want them to join in the first place, ask for Frame first or play private.

Disagree with this, a loadout does not indicate how a gamer plays. First of all , you cannot see the level of the frame on that screen, second, level of the frame means nothing. It could be forma'd several times, have an aura on it etc.

Although i do not play with excalibur , some people utilize him very well and should be no excuse for kicking some one. Again, if you don't want them to join in the first place, ask for Frame first or play private.

Excalibur is one of the first frames a player can choose, as is Loki and Mag. While it doesn't have any bearing on the lvl of the player you ignored what I said about using a Mrk 1 Braton. That should be a good indication that the person is still starting out. While I certainly don't mind carrying lower lvl players or them getting taxi'd to get an alert and joining higher lvl games. It should be my decision as the hosting player as to who can join.

In addition to that there should be a "ready up" selection, 3 players ready up and the match starts regardless of whether one player is ready or not. Kick button should be a requirement, but need 3 votes of the 4 to kick a single player. The lvl of the weapon and frame should also be noted in the start up screen.

As much as you might like to believe that all problems are solved by "playing with friends" they're not. Particularly when the system of difficulty is being circumvented by use of the taxi. They shouldn't be there in the first place, so how did you come to the conclusion that the ability to kick players has any bearing on what load out they're using.

Excalibur is one of the first frames a player can choose, as is Loki and Mag. While it doesn't have any bearing on the lvl of the player you ignored what I said about using a Mrk 1 Braton. That should be a good indication that the person is still starting out. While I certainly don't mind carrying lower lvl players or them getting taxi'd to get an alert and joining higher lvl games. It should be my decision as the hosting player as to who can join.

I'm at Master Rank 7.5, have several Warframes Forma'd several times and by no means consider myself a starting player. I still use Excalibur from time to time, it has NO bearing on being a starting player or not.  MK-1 Braton has been my preferred weapon through 6 Mastery ranks. Although I have now moved on, it again has no bearing on the player.

In addition to that there should be a "ready up" selection, 3 players ready up and the match starts regardless of whether one player is ready or not. Kick button should be a requirement, but need 3 votes of the 4 to kick a single player. The lvl of the weapon and frame should also be noted in the start up screen.

Not sure what the ready up selection would do in this case? Matches are controlled by the host and start regardless, if not a void mission it starts within a minute?

As much as you might like to believe that all problems are solved by "playing with friends" they're not. Particularly when the system of difficulty is being circumvented by use of the taxi. They shouldn't be there in the first place, so how did you come to the conclusion that the ability to kick players has any bearing on what load out they're using.

See my first comment. As for the "taxi", that is on an invite basis, you are accepting to take a player to an area they have obviously not been before. When do a taxi I fully take responsibility for that and keep in mind that this may be a new player looking for a blueprint / resource.

I did not come to any conclusion, I disagreed on the whole "kicking for to load out selected". That would transform this game into another Mass Effect 3 where players got kicked for the same reason.

I'm at Master Rank 7.5, have several Warframes Forma'd several times and by no means consider myself a starting player. I still use Excalibur from time to time, it has NO bearing on being a starting player or not.  MK-1 Braton has been my preferred weapon through 6 Mastery ranks. Although I have now moved on, it again has no bearing on the player.

Not sure what the ready up selection would do in this case? Matches are controlled by the host and start regardless, if not a void mission it starts within a minute?

See my first comment. As for the "taxi", that is on an invite basis, you are accepting to take a player to an area they have obviously not been before. When do a taxi I fully take responsibility for that and keep in mind that this may be a new player looking for a blueprint / resource.

I did not come to any conclusion, I disagreed on the whole "kicking for to load out selected". That would transform this game into another Mass Effect 3 where players got kicked for the same reason.

I think im supporting you here xD

You would be dearly surprised at some people who play this game.. why yesterday i was called a noob by a random who joined my game. Why? because i was using Loki. (he even bothered to look up my mastery rank after the game and said (Mastery 10 player using a loki? Wow. Noob"). It is only worse for Excalibur players most of the time. WE may know that there are many uses to the starters, but many players dont see past the "starter" aspect. So i do think there would be cases where people would get kicked because of what warframe they were using.

Hell, being a M10 i just maxed my Mk1-Braton last night and i can say i enjoyed the gun. It is refreshing to use "noob" weapons once in a while and mod them out with my new big boy mods.

Though i also wish i had a vote kick feature. It would allow me to play with 2 friends and allow randoms to join in. as the system is now, when i actually allow one to join, it tends to either be a rusher or a AFK. The mission that i was talking about earlier (with loki) i mistakenly left my party as online. The one who called me a noob was rushing through the map with a nova, MP'ing everything and just running through as fast as possible. Even had the nerve to state that i had less overall kills than him and that i was just holding him back. fact of the matter is that i walked through the map collecting things and still managed to do 59% of the damage. To make matters worse, our fourth player joined and was afk the whole match. I was prepaired  to sit there for a half hour or so until they both left. However it appears that DE implemented a mission timer regardless of being at extraction or not.. bummer..

Point is, i could see the use of such a system. it would greatly improve my every day life. Though i can also see where it can be abused.

Edited by (PS4)MyTagForHalo

The problem happens when I try to lvl my valkyr or nekros frame, and some douchebag with maxed gear LITERALLY waits for the wave of enemies to pop, waits to see me starts shooting, runs at me and rhino stomps, thus stealing ALL the kills. It's a problem. I had a match when a rhino ONLY used stomp. Me and 2 friends were using low lvl gear to lvl it up. So he comes with maxed rhino and stomps non stop. He/ she didn't even fired a single bullet. It is @(*()$ annoying. I only spam mp or the such when we do mission for the purpose of farming for items or money. To reduce time. Not when lvl-ing up. It's a annoying and #$&(% thing to do. This is why I loved vaubans vortex glitch. We had a A****** in survival who kept activating the damn life support RIGHT AS IT SPAWNED. Another dude spamming world on fire in really low lvl missions. Booted them off. Again, if u want to lvl up, the voting system would be a god sent. "Can u stop being a $&*^ and stealing kills?" If the stop, cool. If they start spamming it even more just to &!$$ u off, then boot their &#! off.

Well, the universe does not evolve around you.

Anyone that plays open "online" games and accuse people of stealing kills because they "play" the games IS the galatic D-bag.

IF you want to level up your 5h17 and you WANT all the kills for yourself. PLAY SOLO.

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221

• 1 month later...

Honestly it would be both good and bad I can see people abusing it so bad I think it should just be a timer there would be so many people who would just kick the forth 2get a friend in so the person who got kicked even though he wasn't afk and was doing his part just lost everything and waisted his time cause some one wanted 2bring a friend in if you want 2add the kick option make it so it's only on private games that way it can be used on the people you incanted and not on some random cause you wanted 2play with your friend and I can also see people doing it cause they don't like the frame and how the person is using it