The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty

FeignedSeer

Hello I have been playing for 2-3 days (unlocked saturn / venus too) and I noticed that this game is EASY! Stealth is near impossible thanks to derpy AI and its more efficient just to run at enemies holding E. I've also noticed that you can tank damage extremely easily with upgraded shields and the appropiate mods to the point you can out-recharge enemie fire which makes it nigh impossible for them to kill you.

What I would like to see: Less HP ARMOR and SHIELDING, AI improvement, More enemy variety per faction / race, Routes in levels that promote stealth. "*example: A ventway running through the atrium of an objective."

-Regards

Yeah i kinda noticed that difficulty goes down, specially if you have about 500+ shield and 70-80+ defence, but what i'd rather see is that you could set different handicaps for each mission that will also boost experiance gain, i know that there are certain handicaps but still they are completely random and out of 8 hours + i only came across ice areas 2 times. if you could have lets say a maximum of 5 different handicaps ffor a maximum of 1.5x exp gain, that would be sweet, specially then the game would give more reward for difficulty. The current difficulty very early on is fine if you are playing solo it is not too hard, but it is not easy either, but as i said as soon as you get to rank 10 on a frame you are pretty much god if you use common sense.

Yeah i kinda noticed that difficulty goes down, specially if you have about 500+ shield and 70-80+ defence, but what i'd rather see is that you could set different handicaps for each mission that will also boost experiance gain, i know that there are certain handicaps but still they are completely random and out of 8 hours + i only came across ice areas 2 times. if you could have lets say a maximum of 5 different handicaps ffor a maximum of 1.5x exp gain, that would be sweet, specially then the game would give more reward for difficulty. The current difficulty very early on is fine if you are playing solo it is not too hard, but it is not easy either, but as i said as soon as you get to rank 10 on a frame you are pretty much god if you use common sense.

We shouldn't HAVE to have Handicaps. The game in itself should be a challenge and doing things at upmost efficiency would give us extra XP.

The challange is there within the special units, even if they are easy to defeat with skills such as slashing dash, but if you get cornered by these special units in solo you are pretty much dead or have to waste a revive.I have enough trouble defeating 2 napalms at a time, BUT i think that the problem comes from the AI itself, it is fine to see that the AI actually uses hiding spots, but what is not ok is tat when they shoot you can kill the instantly as they are fully exposed, i think by improving the AI to be very agressive in large numbers, and hide when there are only 2-3 enemies left for a suprise attack, yes a game shoudl be a challange on its own if there are no difficulty settings offered, but keep in mind that this is stil Beta, there are many changes bound to happen, they may even put flatrowers and laserbeam weapons into the game, more frames, more gamemodes, etc. we will see what they do about this problem when the game is fully released.

I'm sorry but the difficulty is in what? "Special" units? They are just the same mooks with a bit more HP and a different weapon, the best one out of the bunch is probably the commander for his ability to teleport you around atleast.

EDIT: For context if your game relies on slightly beefed up mooks who can still be dispatched easily for difficulty then its a cakewalk still.

Edited by FeignedSeer

as i said, and i dont want to start an argument, this is beta, there are changes that will be made to the game, and in any case difficulty is something thats a persons opinion, in other posts people say that soloing is impossible, which is clearly not true in MY case with having only 2 deaths in 6-7 hours soloing, difficulty is more of an opinion based thing, thats why many games give a number of difficulty settings rather than one, because begginers are bound to cry : OMG THIS IS IMPOSIBBLE and gaming 'veterans' are bound to say: GOD this is WAAAAY too easy for me. Bottom line difficulty is something that you and noone else will be able to make a good agreement on, since it may be easy for you, but other people are still getting used to the game and its difficult for them.

If we're ninjas, why can they see us?

I think a samurai comparison is more fitting here.

Though I have agree, the first few (character) levels are fingernail-chewingly hard; afterwards you just run through and gank everything, the only thing threatening you is suicidal overconfidence or a quartet of missiles to the face. Oh, and those beautiful moments where the rescued hostage teleports you in the middle of an enemy horde whilst you were regenerating your shields.

Edited by JuliusClonkus

Try soloing Pluto missions with non-pro frames...high health high damage enemies just bog down the gameplay into corridor firefights. It gets irritating to get your face smashed in because melee is terrible, and ammo is scarce.

Thats really what this is thread is about though. The AI really needs improvement as it is dumber than nails and enemy variety is terrible, don't forget that we need an alternative to KILLCRUSHBURNMAIM. Remember you have abilities to use as warframe to promote this. *example: Loki can cloak deploy decoys and teleport using enemies as beacons.

Edited by FeignedSeer