The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Gizmo, The Prototype (Name Subject To Change)

Khiril

7bNpd.jpg

Hello! After playing with Vauban for an incredibly long time and absolutely loving him, I noticed he felt akin to a kind of engineer. After noticing there were no frames with any engineer-esque abilities (save for Vauban), I came up with Gizmo! (Name is probably just a placeholder because I couldn't think of anything much better.)

Lore: Stolen from Alad V.'s prototype archives by Tenno operatives, Gizmo was originally intended to be the closest thing to a warframe the Corpus could create.

Base stats: Unsure

EDIT: He will be kind of a glass cannon and focused on area-controlling

Abilities:

Ability 1: Sentry - Deploys a medium-sized sentry turret that will automatically target one enemy at a time, prioritizing enemies who are harming Gizmo. Turret damage and health are affected by Gizmo's health, shields, and Power Damage as well as mods. The turret can be destroyed by enemies.

Level 1: Small chaingun (like the Gorgon)/small plasma repeater (like the Supra).

Level 2: Adds a second chaingun/plasma repeater, as well as increases damage done and durability of the turret.

Level 3: Adds a slow-firing missile pod to the launcher which fires missiles with a small blast radius and decent damage. Missiles will not follow enemies. It also will not knock them down on hit like the Ogris does. Damage and durability of turret are both upgraded as well.

Ability 2: Portable Drone - Gizmo releases a drone similar to the Corpus shield drone to follow him and charge his shield, as well as very slowly regenerate his health. Can target teammates as well, max of probably 4 targets including self. Drone subject to destruction by enemy fire. Drone base stats affected by Gizmo's health, shields, and power damage and other mods

Level 1: Basic shield charging and healing

Level 2: Increased shield charging and healing, some durability to drone.

Level 3: If an enemy gets too close to Gizmo, the drone will electrify them with a small arc of energy, stunning them for a half-second/full second

Ability 3: Chimera Grenade - Gizmo tosses a small grenade with a random chance to explode and deal fire, freeze, electric, or poison damage. Damage affected by Power Damage mods.

Level 1: Basic damage

Level 2: Damage upgraded and radius increase

Level 3: Small chance to set off two elements at once, combining them to form a combo element. (Magnetic, radiation, blast, etc.)

Warframe Ability: I had two main ideas for this and I couldn't actually pick between the two, so maybe other people can decide.

Choice 1: Railgun - Gizmo equips an experimental railgun with only five shots. The railgun deals massive damage and has a high innate punch-through. Deals magnetic damage, element cannot be altered. Acts similar to the Railgun MOA's weapon. Must hold fire button for ~.8 of a second before it fires so it can charge. Each level adds damage and more shots. Switching weapons while the railgun is active will dispose of the railgun but take into account how many shots you did not use and reduce the cooldown depending on how many shots you had left.

Choice 2: Stolen Design - As Gizmo was intended originally to be for Corpus use, he possesses the ability to control a small Corpus Hyena. Stolen Design will deploy the Hyena and it will guard Gizmo and hunt for enemies. Activating the ability again before the Hyena is destroyed/timer is up will command the Hyena to attack the enemy under your reticle or closest to where you were aiming at the time (in case you're moving and can't aim at your target, you can simply aim at the ground next to your target and the Hyena will prioritize the target closest to where you asked it to go) The Hyena will also prioritize targets attacking Gizmo unless otherwise directed to attack another target by Gizmo.

The Hyena's base stats are affected by Gizmo's health and shields, also affected by Power Damage and other mods.

Level 1: Basic damage and hunting nature.

Level 2: Increased damage, speed, health, and shields

Level 3: Increased damage, speed, health, shields, and the Hyena gains a small shock(?) aura.

For the look of the frame, I was thinking something similar to a Corpus crewman, but visibly enhanced with robotic parts.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope he sounds interesting to you! Feel free to post any suggestions or feedback.

Edited by Khiril

OF course it is awesome. I'd keep gizmo but that would probably be a girl frame or maybe even a small male frame? I'd think it would be cool if he was not super durable in nature but if agility/speed and possibly an armor boost was there Id love it... Also The MINI HYENA IS AWESOME.