The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Setting Expansion Ideas

I am relatively new to Warframe, though 20-30 hours in and having a ton of fun. Also, some of these ideas might have already been suggested, but the search function didn't want to work for me for some reason.

However, there was something I have noticed about the game: It doesn't really seem to have a setting that feels alive.

Most of the time, we have a mission or a goal that's some variant of "Go here, kill this" and whatnot, but beyond a few lines, or maybe taunting by bosses, there's not much else there.

It's pretty much just an instanced PVE encounter that exists in a bubble.

Some of the things that go against this are the trailers, like the one with the Grineer and the two commanders getting in that argument that presents the Grineer as having internal disputes between detachments and whatnot, or the trailer with the Corpus guy talking to those bidders, which gives a sense of there actually being something else than just faceless mooks with helmets.

There's also a couple of in game moments I remember far more than the rest, one of them was an enemy taunting me about how no one has celebrated Halloween for thousands of years, the other was a friend telling me about the new Grineer bosses making fun of the scarves you can get.

Things like that make the enemies feel like they are characters over dull drones(Like the infected :/). They give the setting character. 

I propose that we eventually get expansions that add to it. More enemies with personality, maybe a few more reoccurring enemies(or, even, allies) like the Stalker, that have things to say, or maybe simply actions to do.

Add a news-ticker to the menu. Let us get an idea of what's going on elsewhere in the solar system.(XCOM EU did this, it added a lot to the setting. Bonus points if it reacts to invasions).  Let us have a feel of the other factions in the solar system. Heck, Europa or Pluto have this blurb about being an old interplanetary/interstellar transit line. That implies mass public transport for who knows how many different groups. It can't just only be Grineer, Corpus and a handful of Tenno as the only ones left now, can it?

Obviously setting isn't everything, as some people just want a pure gameplay element(Which I too like), but in a game like this which already has a bit of lore and personality waiting under the surface, I don't really see why there isn't a reason to capitalize on it. Heck, TF2 did something similar with its characters, and they are exceptionally entertaining for a game with little in game story. That's not to say it needs to be comedy that gets added, but something at least.

Thoughts and opinions, other ideas?