The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying Out Other Games: Starcraft 2

Revel72

I can not be without smiling at Protoss Stalker voice. *grins a bit* So arrogant with dark and attracting voice I have to say. Game is free on some parts (a.k.a pretty much demo but you have all files already at computer all you need to do is buy the game to use all content) I played with all three races and I have to say Zerg aren't so ugly but the way how they... *thinks a moment for a good word* constructs or creates things. Just looks disgusting.

Protoss units are somewhat closer of my heart the Pylon system was first just confusing I was just "why I can not build these on this ground? There is nothing on the way. *hears the announce* Oh... Right..." I usually never look for how to play things at new games because I basically go with my own sense how I believe something works. Terra was easy to start with works how I thought.

Now when I come down on thinking to make a post about Tenno reacting on kills or successfully completing an objective. Stalker unit of Protoss voice would be one what I would love to hear from my Loki or Frost. I have to be honest now I played few matches only using Stalkers as Protoss. I had fun with the AI as I tested out the races to compile a starting impression to Starcraft 2.

Game is well done on my opinion no power creeps, difference of kind content a lot, races are sidegrades to each other, resource requirements are comfortable and AI is well done. I can not really see currently what would be wrong on the game yet. Thank god there is no difference is scale S#&$!

I have to be honest now I played few matches only using Stalkers as Protoss.

Plz, 3 gate rush to blink stalkers by 5 minutes, OP stratz

Seriously though, the starcraft games (all of them, BACON4BREAKFAST) are fun.  They must be balanced and without power creep because of their huge Esports draw too.  You ever watched someone like HuskyStarcraft on youtube?  Entertaining and informative :)

@BACON  (OMFG why won't this comp let me quote :(((()

What a hipster nerd.

Nobody likes a hipster nerd man.  Nobody.

On a serious note, sc2 is a good game, but come out too late.  If it came out 5 years after sc:bw, it would've had a lot better chance at a smooth transition in siphoning bw players into sc2.

Too Little, Too Late.  seems to be Blizzard's motto these days.  (see: diablo 3, heroes of the storm)

Edited by Gestalt

I might be wrong on this but I thought hipsters are people who go against mainstream ideas. Starcraft 2 has been losing popularity for awhile and many people have been converting to other games. Starcraft 1 was one of my favorite games growing up and sc2 just added too much BS into the game and is imbalanced at all levels of play.

I might be wrong on this but I thought hipsters are people who go against mainstream ideas. Starcraft 2 has been losing popularity for awhile and many people have been converting to other games. Starcraft 1 was one of my favorite games growing up and sc2 just added too much BS into the game and is imbalanced at all levels of play.

LAWL i kid i kid.  I just use term in a sense for "I liked sc before sc2 came out".  Doesn't really work, since sc2 isn't mainstream anymore, since nobody gives a hoot about it at this point + bw was way bigger in Korea, though I assume we're all people living in the west here, so bw was pretty much nonexistent over here.

Anyways, I enjoyed watching GSL and Dreamhack and MLG, up to slightly after HotS hit.  If you take away the nostalgia lenses for a second, you'd notice that although mechanically the game is dumbed down A LOT compared to bw, that in turn made it so the pros used their extra mechanical skills and apm on other stuff.  Kespa players like innovation excelled because of that.  

But yes, the game is, by consensus, "easier" than bw.  However, I still think it could've done well as an esport, if Blizzard wasn't so pigheaded about balance-changes, making crappy maps that favor certain playstyles/races and ultimately trying to run all the tournaments int he world in-house and failing.