The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank up test daily limit - REMOVE IT.

ZephyrFlow

So i was about to take the test for ranking up, when suddenly the game crashed..

and when i came back, the game says i cannot do it again because of the 24hr limit per day.. it made me rage quit really hard. Why would you put a limit of 24hrs a day anyway? And why is it 24hrs? Why is it there in the first place?

I know that the game is still in CBT, but putting that kind of system not only hinders ranking up, it's also pointless. Not to mention every mission that i take wont give me exp for ranks.

Edited by ZephyrFlow

Being tested is fine and the 24 hour delay is probably so they can sell you a booster to rank you up faster and then sell you something else to allow you to take the test. The pay to win model is really turning me off to this game.

I really don't get this line of thinking. How exactly is this game pay to win? The best items in the game can not be bought with platinum, but only with credits, and just about all the other worthwhile things can be bought with credits.

It speeds up the grind if you pay, but this is an otherwise FREE game, they have to make money, making games isn't cheap.

i think he's more mad at the fact you need to wait 24 hours to retake the test. honestly its a silly idea. you should just immediately rank up once you get the xp, you shouldn't have to be 'tested'

You nailed it. And if the test is only 10 seconds long, why would you wait for 24hrs to retake it? To review pointers? lol

You nailed it. And if the test is only 10 seconds long, why would you wait for 24hrs to retake it? To review pointers? lol

I passed it on my first try so I didn't experience the delay, but yeah, it's kinda silly. When I was about to take the test I thought it was going to be something epic and hard, but I blasted these dudes in the face and got it done really fast without even taking damage...

Don't worry. Even though you can't take the test, the points you get for doing missions will be stored on your Silver Initiate Rank. Happened to me yestersay :P

Well, my friend and i did several jackal runs before he ranked up and he didnt get any exp and im positive that boss runs gives higher exp compared to normal missions.

How else would you simulate the real stress of a test? What better ways can we recreate that "test anxiety" that us college types know painfully well?

Personally, I think it's a step in the right direction.

"GIMME EVERYTHING NAO" mentality is what ruined/is ruining my favorite games.

Once stability is improved, what recommendations can you think of to underly the importance of this test?

In addition to that, the real test is also to focus on the game, and shut the hell up and stop whining about it. Come on, seriously, it's just another day. Get the hell over it, we passed December 21st, I seriously doubt we'll all die now or in 24 hours...

I really don't get this line of thinking. How exactly is this game pay to win?

Not to hijack the thread or anything but to respond to your question, the Pro system. If you don't pay you are essentially level capped at 1/2 the level of a paying player. I've just reached that cap on my primary weapon and am about to hit it on my WF. I'm not dead in the water as far as progression goes yet the guy next to me with the exact same everything who spent $50 (random number) on plat is still advancing and getting stronger than me simply because he threw money at the game. That is the definition of pay to win.

The example in my post above isn't really p2w but the pro p2w model spins all the other normally acceptable cash shop purchases in a bad light. You take a bite of something rancid and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, everything after ends up tasting like crap too.

Well, my friend and i did several jackal runs before he ranked up and he didnt get any exp and im positive that boss runs gives higher exp compared to normal missions.

That's weird, when I passed the test today, my bar just filled up for 25%. B y the way, can someone tell me when the new rank is showing up?

Not to hijack the thread or anything but to respond to your question, the Pro system. If you don't pay you are essentially level capped at 1/2 the level of a paying player. I've just reached that cap on my primary weapon and am about to hit it on my WF. I'm not dead in the water as far as progression goes yet the guy next to me with the exact same everything who spent $50 (random number) on plat is still advancing and getting stronger than me simply because he threw money at the game. That is the definition of pay to win.

The example in my post above isn't really p2w but the pro p2w model spins all the other normally acceptable cash shop purchases in a bad light. You take a bite of something rancid and it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, everything after ends up tasting like crap too.

With everything this game have to offer, and as long as it isn't competitive, then it's not pay2win for me. This game is still extremely doable on all levels with a 4 player coop team as it was meant to be played.

The obvious reason why they have PRO version of anything, is to create a desired thing people would want to pay money for.

I've said this a million times in many different cases, but f2p games are never f2p, they need money, it's costly to develop, just be thankful we get as much as we do for free.