The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Desecrate Feedback

VKhaun

I was posting about Desecrate tonight and it made me realize just how much I have to work around repeatedly casting this ability.

I would like to see it turned into a buff that pulses the desecrate ability's effect every X seconds, for a total of Y seconds duration.

Duration mods make the buff last longer. Power strength would increase the frequency of the pulses. Being a buff that gets multiple casts, it would not need to be maximized for power efficiency, opening him up for better synergy between Desecrate and his other skills that use Duration / Strength, and removing the gameplay-reducing meta of standing still and animating for 90% of a match.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by VKhaun

As a pulse i can see it work. but... mhm shouldnt the range be slightly shorter then? to balance it out.     Edit: fixd some spelling

Desecrate doesn't directly yield damage so no, I wouldn't necessarily nerf the range on it. Maybe alter it so it's a team buff with a shorter range, but pulses an AoE around everyone you buff with it, resulting in good coverage.

When Nekros came out I may have agreed with you because Ammo / Energy were being made uniquely more available, and that shouldn't just be a passive effect. It should require gameplay of some kind. Today however, we have Medium Team Restore packs and Aura mods which make Ammo / Energy more of a quality of life type feature than an actual buff.

Also, right now doing Desecrate (or using any power I think) is a que for Carrier to use Vacuum. Without that happening extra times the player using the Aura of Desecration would have to be paying attention to what was popping up around him. Leaving the range huge would increase the need for awareness, even if you were using Carrier.

Obviously we're nitpicking now though. I would gladly take a range nerf to not have to stand there spamming the skill if that's what the devs thought was fair.

This idea is really quite good! I think it would definitely increase his pace to be a lot more fluid and not so stop and go. I love this idea and hope the devs like it as well :D

EDIT: Also I'm glad you're open to Dev balancing this idea if they feel it's needed. It's shows you're open minded and that's neat!

Edited by KittyDarkling

Desecrate doesn't directly yield damage so no, I wouldn't necessarily nerf the range on it. Maybe alter it so it's a team buff with a shorter range, but pulses an AoE around everyone you buff with it, resulting in good coverage.

When Nekros came out I may have agreed with you because Ammo / Energy were being made uniquely more available, and that shouldn't just be a passive effect. It should require gameplay of some kind. Today however, we have Medium Team Restore packs and Aura mods which make Ammo / Energy more of a quality of life type feature than an actual buff.

Also, right now doing Desecrate (or using any power I think) is a que for Carrier to use Vacuum. Without that happening extra times the player using the Aura of Desecration would have to be paying attention to what was popping up around him. Leaving the range huge would increase the need for awareness, even if you were using Carrier.

Obviously we're nitpicking now though. I would gladly take a range nerf to not have to stand there spamming the skill if that's what the devs thought was fair.

Yeah that is true it doesnt deal damage. but its range is fairly large. If it would pulse you have mobility allowing you to move arround. so you get to the bodies faster a slightly shorter range would be fair because you now have more mobility due to the pulses. though i do see your point.

i was just playing nekros when i had an idea: what if desecrate would be affected by power strength? the chance for an orb is 60% right now, imagine it were 100%. killing mobs would feed you with orbs and energy to kill more mobs. buff his energy up to 150 like the other casters and he would be way better than he is already, without redesigning the ability

Edited by MortalSin