The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snowglobe Fix Vers 2.3.4.5

Gigatron-Prime

I was playing a T3 MD mission when a thought came to me as I pondered about the state of Snowglobe and my Frost. 

I know DE has expressed interest in perhaps making warframe armor scale with the globe. Or taking the timer out of the equation.

I had an idea as I thought what Snowglobe is. It's a giant globe of ice that Frost expends energy to erect and protect him from enemy fire. So, I reasoned, can't he continue using his energy to pump up his snowglobe or make it last.

How about snowglobe just as it was pre-nerf, except make it a toggle ability and every second that it is up, it drains your energy. That way, it balances the power it had with a choice. Do you keep it up long and potentially run the risk of running dry energy wise or do you use it sparingly so you can spam your other abilities. Also, this discourages turtle play as you'll have to go kill enemies for energy orbs if you want to keep the snowglobe up. Equilibrium might even be a pretty decent mod to combo.

So my suggestion is what made snowglobe so FUN to use in the first place but balances it out with something I think is much more in spirit with balance and fun. As it stands, the current state of snowglobe is quite atrocious and is not fun at all.

TL;DR

Snowglobe is now a toggle ability, with characteristics pre-nerf but drains energy every second it is up.